GL1800Riders Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
2,224 Posts
4 out of 10. I'll keep eating until I get it right.

·
Squating Member
7,056 Posts
4 out of ten, but as others said, I'M EATING TURKEY!!!!!!!!!!!

I did know who plays football and that's was the most important one anyway! So there! :a13:

:chicken: :chicken: :chicken: :flg: :flg: :flg:

Then I'm going riding, don't care how cold it is, well maybe..... :wink: :biker: :biker: :biker:

·
Registered
3,843 Posts
I missed which magazine and the question on Canada. I guess I must have paid attention to something in school :D

·
Registered
2,437 Posts
I dunno. The chemical tryptophan causes the release of seratonin, which induces a relaxed state - so to call that answer wrong seems a bit like splitting hairs, don't you think?

And I can believe I got the one about George Washington wrong. The date was a dead giveaway. What a dufus! Guess that's what I get for not reading the question! :banghead:
:chicken:

·
Registered
31 Posts
4 out of 10 I guess I don't know nuttin about no Turkey day. And I thought the bird was the dumb one :oops:

·
Registered
7,425 Posts
Son of Thunder said:
I dunno. The chemical tryptophan causes the release of seratonin, which induces a relaxed state - so to call that answer wrong seems a bit like splitting hairs, don't you think?
L-Tryptophan is an amino acid that's in all animal protein.
Do you get sleepy after a burger or pork chop?
To get the sleepy-time effect of L-Tryptophan you have to consume a mega-dose of it; the catch is that you won't get the effect if you consume other amino acids at the same time. You have to eat an artificially created form that used to be available in health food stores.
A tainted batch of Japanese-made L-Tryptophan hit the market and killed a few people. In a knee-jerk reaction that made no sense, all L-Tryptophan was banned in the U.S. (Tylenol was never banned...).
You can still purchase any other amino acid; some at Walmart.

But fatty food and the carbohydrate roller-coaster will make you sleepy...

·
Registered
2,530 Posts
7 out of 10....not too bad

Thanksgiving is time for turkey then a nap while watching football and John Madden with hs 8 legged turkey

·
Registered
1,595 Posts
6 out of 10. Not bad. Watching Good Eats with Alton Brown on FoodTV yesterday helped me too. Most everything we think of when it comes to a 'traditional' Turkey day dinner was not there on that first Thanksgiving way back when.

·
Registered
3,305 Posts
Seven out of 10, and I think that question about tryptopan (or whatever) was a sneaker. I should have known Roosevelt shifted the date for a financial reason - although I don't usually suspect Democrats of that sort of thing. Oh well, better than some, some as good as others - sounds like life to me.

Mesquite Bob

·
Registered
2,437 Posts
Arn Butt Bill said:
L-Tryptophan is an amino acid that's in all animal protein.
Do you get sleepy after a burger or pork chop?
Depends.... on how many I eat!

·
Registered
150 Posts
4 out of 10 seems to be the normal for most of us. So the TURKEY is smarter, I hope they don't decide to have us for thanksgiving dinner. :oops: :D

·
Registered
255 Posts
Failed, 6 out of 10, those deer will get you every time, watch out!!

1 - 20 of 27 Posts