GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My riding partner was struck by a car to night and she had internal injuries and the doctors did'nt give her much hope so she was put to sleep . She will be missed !THANKS FOR THE MEMORIES

·
Banned
4,623 Posts
That is so sad ! Sorry to hear about that, I do know the feeling ! :cry:

·
Registered
4,157 Posts
Riding companions like that are once in a lifetime friends. You have my sympathies.

·
Registered
232 Posts
IFLY .
Sorry to hear about loss, i too know how you feel.i am afraid that we will be faced with that decision in the not too distant future , with a pet we have had for 13+ years now. :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:
Joe.

·
Registered
6,795 Posts
IFLY I sure am sorry to read of the loss.

I have a little freind like yours too and dread the day when she will be gone.

·
Registered
108 Posts
I am saddened by your loss I too have had to put beloved pets to sleep. My sincerest condolences!

·
Registered
1,595 Posts
im sorry to hear about your loss.

My wife and I work at an animal shelter as volunteers about 3-4 days a week for a couple hours each day. Really bums us out when we know that some dogs are going to be put down that next day.

·
Squating Member
7,058 Posts
IFly, that's a real hard loss....ours is part of the family too and I dread the day when she'll be gone....she's the baby...really makes me sad to hear...

I wish she would ride with me, but she's not too fond of the bike....

Take care and cherish the memories....

·
Registered
718 Posts
IFLY

Hi from down under in australia our thoughts are with you she looks like a great rider and iam sure will be there in spirit with you.

Thought i would share this with you

The Rainbow Bridge
(inspired by a Norse legend)

By the edge of a woods, at the foot of a hill,
Is a lush, green meadow where time stands still.
Where the friends of man and woman do run,
When their time on earth is over and done.

For here, between this world and the next,
Is a place where each beloved creature finds rest.
On this golden land, they wait and they play,
Till the Rainbow Bridge they cross over one day.

No more do they suffer, in pain or in sadness,
For here they are whole, their lives filled with gladness.
Their limbs are restored, their health renewed,
Their bodies have healed, with strength imbued.

They romp through the grass, without even a care,
Until one day they start, and sniff at the air.
All ears prick forward, eyes dart front and back,
Then all of a sudden, one breaks from the pack.

For just at that instant, their eyes have met;
Together again, both person and pet.
So they run to each other, these friends from long past,
The time of their parting is over at last.

The sadness they felt while they were apart,
Has turned into joy once more in each heart.
They embrace with a love that will last forever,
And then, side-by-side, they cross over… together.

Regards
John

·
Squating Member
7,058 Posts
Johng

That's neat.....made me feel better reading that.
Thanks

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Johng said:
IFLY

John
THANKS for the poem. I will print that and save it !

·
Registered
3,033 Posts
Sorry for your loss IFLY.
They live such a few years compared to our lifespans.
They are with us only a short while.
Why then, do they leave such a huge hole in our lives
When they are gone?
The best memorial you can give her IFLY,
Is to start training her successor right away.
DC

·
Fire Eating Member
6,473 Posts
So Sorry to hear of your loss... I kinda know what you are going thru..
I lost a German ShortHair Pointer lately.... she was my constant companion... and will be sadly missed...
May I inject something our pastor mentioned in church just a while back about our beloved Dog pets... he said the reason Dogs do not live as long as we do... because God wants us to inform us that we will lose loved ones in our lifetime...

cosmic

·
Registered
4,134 Posts
Ifly....sorry to hear of your loss. It is amazing how wound in our lives our 4 legged friends become. The shot of your partner on the back seat is amazing...I have forwarded it to several friends.

·
Co-Sponsor
444 Posts
Our deepest sympathies..... We have 21 dogs and they are our children. Goliath our oldest has over 100K miles riding. We have 8 playing at rainbow bridge and they have all ridden so they will be looking for your baby, to share stories with

·
Registered
480 Posts
Ifly sorry about your loss, as others I have been there done that, that is so hard to put down one of buddies. I read the poem by John which was great. I saw this on another board and saved it. I have sent it to others who have lost a riding buddy.

To My Loyal Master

I stood by your bed, I came to have a peek. I could see that you were crying. You found it hard to sleep.

I whined to you softly as you brushed away a tear, it’s me, I haven’t left you. I’m well. I’m fine. I’m here.

I was close to you at breakfast, I watched you pour the tea. You were thinking of the many times your hands reached down to me.

I was with you at the shops today. Your arms were getting sore. I longed to take your parcels; I wish I could do more.

I was with you at my grave today. You tend to it with such care. I want to reassure you, that I’m not lying there.

I walked with you towards the house, as you fumbled for your key. I gently put my paw on you, I smiled and said it’s me.

You looked so very tired, and sank into a chair. I tried so hard to let you know I was standing there.

lt”s possible for me, to be so near you everyday. To say to you with certainly, “I’ll never went away.”

You sat there very quietly, then smiled, I think you knew. .in the stillness of that evening. I was very close to you.

The day is over... I smile and watch you yawning and say “good-night, God bless, I’ll see you in the morning.”

And when the time is right for you to cross the brief divide, I’ll rush across to greet you and we’ll stand side by side.

I have so many things to show you, there is so much for you to see. Be patient, live your journey out.. .then come home to be with me.

·
Registered
1,962 Posts
Sorry for your loss, I too lost mine this past May at the age of 15 1/2 yrs. I had to have her put down, she passed away in my arms at the Vet's office.
I found comfort in a similar form of the "Rainbow Bridge" poem posted earlier.
True? No one knows, but I like to believe it is.

Rainbow Bridge

Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge.

When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge.
There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together.
There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.

All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor; those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by.
The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind.

They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent; His eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.

You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.

Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together....

Author unknown...

1 - 20 of 35 Posts