GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Canuck
2,826 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A few of us in the Belleville/Quinte West area have started a local Gold Wing motorcycle group. We are fully aware of another major club in the area. But we're looking for something a little different. If you reside anywhere from Cobourg (west) to Kingston (east), and from Picton (south) to Bancroft (north), and you're interested in riding with like-minded riders, respond here and I'll pick up your message. (Like-minded means a touring mentality (not just a 30-minute run to the local Dairy Queen), and safety-conscious.)

·
Registered
4,665 Posts
:bow::thumbup::clap2::yes::yes: Count me in...I fall within those paramiters!

·
Canuck
2,826 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
:bow::thumbup::clap2::yes::yes: Count me in...I fall within those paramiters!
Please note, kind sir, that Florida is nowhere near Eastern Ontario. Peterborough, however, is just a hop, skip and a jump away. It most definitely qualifies!!

·
Registered
4,665 Posts
Oh, yeah, right, sorry! :oops:

·
Registered
4,665 Posts
I just thought with all the nasty weather you guys have been having up there this winter, that you may not have any rides planned for the next couple of weeks....! :lol::joke: Hope to see you in a couple of months though.

·
Registered
160 Posts
i just thought with all the nasty weather you guys have been having up there this winter, that you may not have any rides planned for the next couple of weeks....! :lol::joke: hope to see you in a couple of months though.
grrrrrrrrrrrrr.

·
Registered
4,665 Posts

Originally Posted by shadow1
i just thought with all the nasty weather you guys have been having up there this winter, that you may not have any rides planned for the next couple of weeks....!
hope to see you in a couple of months though.

grrrrrrrrrrrrr.

Sorry Tony! Hope you are feeling better and will be able to get out on a few tours this year and a couple of RTE's. :thumbup:

·
Canuck
2,826 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

·
Registered
160 Posts
Paul. On a nice day your not that far away. See ya around Bellville this summer.

·
Registered
1,313 Posts
Sounds like a plan if Arden or Bull lake qualifies .:thumbup:

·
Canuck
2,826 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Sounds like a plan if Arden or Bull lake qualifies .:thumbup:
Hi Jack - Arden sure does qualify. In fact, we have a Winger from Arden who has joined.

·
Registered
1,313 Posts
Paul I never seen any wings around here but I have been away for five months but curious.:thumbup:
Hi Jack - Arden sure does qualify. In fact, we have a Winger from Arden who has joined.

·
Rocket Man
1,556 Posts
Qualify

I don't qualify because I live to close to "Big Smoke" being in Newcastle. I led a ride of Retreads from Peterborough last weekend and we ended up at Chubbys in Hoards Station. Gained 15 pounds from one sitting. ha ha. The roast beef is phenomenal!! Have to make a reservation but there number is online. Happy RTEing

A sidebar--heading down to Three Girls in a couple of weeks to pick up my new heated Corbin for my new (to me) 2005 Anniversary Edition. Maybe you wanna come with me Paul?
Ron

·
Canuck
2,826 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I don't qualify because I live to close to "Big Smoke" being in Newcastle. I led a ride of Retreads from Peterborough last weekend and we ended up at Chubbys in Hoards Station. Gained 15 pounds from one sitting. ha ha. The roast beef is phenomenal!! Have to make a reservation but there number is online. Happy RTEing

A sidebar--heading down to Three Girls in a couple of weeks to pick up my new heated Corbin for my new (to me) 2005 Anniversary Edition. Maybe you wanna come with me Paul?
Ron
You gotta stay away from Chubby's. Way too much food, as you know, since you recommended the place a while ago. Did you know it's for sale? $400,000 is what I hear they're asking.

Breakfast at Three Girls sounds great. Let me know when you're going, and we'll see if it works.

·
Rocket Man
1,556 Posts
You gotta stay away from Chubby's. Way too much food, as you know, since you recommended the place a while ago. Did you know it's for sale? $400,000 is what I hear they're asking.

Breakfast at Three Girls sounds great. Let me know when you're going, and we'll see if it works.
Well, there is a sale barn there and that's why it is called Hoards Station but I have not heard that Chubbys is for sale. I hope not because I don't know if it would be the same if it is not owned by the original family.

At the moment it looks like Three Girls will be on Friday, July 11. It take 3 weeks to build the seat and then allow a week for delivery. I ordered it last Thursday. I'll keep you posted.

·
Canuck
2,826 Posts
Discussion Starter #16

·
Rocket Man
1,556 Posts
Sorry Ron, I'm still a working stiff. Can't go Mon.-Fri.
I'm a working stiff too but I put my 40 in between Monday and Thusrady so I have Fridays off. Looks like I'll be taking my son's antique VW Cabriolet to get new ties installed down there. Taking Tina with me so it will be two antiques in a convertible antique. ha ha

·
Registered
1,313 Posts
seat

Ron will that seat fit in the VW with two other antiques .:eek:4:

·
Rocket Man
1,556 Posts
Got a buyer for the seat so we are now taking the bike and making a two day trip out of it. Is that Arden Road paved that runs south from Arden. Last time I came through there it was gravel but that was several years ago.

·
Canuck
2,826 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Got a buyer for the seat so we are now taking the bike and making a two day trip out of it. Is that Arden Road paved that runs south from Arden. Last time I came through there it was gravel but that was several years ago.
Hi Ron;

I happened to be sitting with a fellow from Arden when you posted this question. He tells me that road is now paved.

When are you going? Maybe I can join you.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts