GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,809 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Installing the race tec Gold valve and it says to enlarge existing compression holes in the damping rod and drill new holes. If the damping rod is the short rod in the left fork that the springs set on and goes to the bottom of the fork where the bottom bolt screws into then mine does not have any holes. So where do I drill are am I looking at the wrong thing

·
Registered
3,809 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Mine is a 04 and it also has the 4 holes at the bottom with no rebound holes didnt want to screw it up. I have a call into Race Tec support. The drawing kinda threw me cause mine didnt look anything like the drawing

Thanks for the reply

·
Registered
357 Posts
Mine is a 04 and it also has the 4 holes at the bottom with no rebound holes didnt want to screw it up. I have a call into Race Tec support. The drawing kinda threw me cause mine didnt look anything like the drawing

Thanks for the reply
the drawing is not right. what catch said is right on. mine were also the right size, and i drilled two more. location on the new holes is not all that critical. anywhere slightly above the existing hole will work. just set it in a v block or drill press vise and drill in oneside and out the other than deburr it. bill

·
Registered
3,809 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Gotta her done thanks guys your the best.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Snoopy, let us know what you think, once you have a chance to take a test ride please. I am going to do the install of racetech soon myself, also thinking of adding traxxion rear suspension. Thanks, Randy

·
Registered
9,393 Posts
Installing the race tec Gold valve and it says to enlarge existing compression holes in the damping rod and drill new holes. If the damping rod is the short rod in the left fork that the springs set on and goes to the bottom of the fork where the bottom bolt screws into then mine does not have any holes. So where do I drill are am I looking at the wrong thing

Got tired of compensating for the woeful stock suspenders, huh, Snoop? Does this mean you won't be so slow anymore?:lol::lol:

·
Grumpy Fart
5,109 Posts
I just sent my forks to Race Tech in Kalifornia. The bike is going in a trailer to where the salt quits on the 31 of Jan. I didn't want to get down there and find out I made a boo-boo.

The day after I sent my forks in, I went to my tire mount guy in Decorah, IA and found out he was the Race Tech guy for IL and IA.

He builds performance engines and does fantastic work. His machine shop rate is $60 per hour and he is looking for work if anyone is interested.

Motopysco
563-382-4329

·
Registered
3,809 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
No Paul didnt have to compensate for the stock suspension it just took me around the corners. No I guess I will always be just a little faster than Slow Joe

1 - 8 of 8 Posts