GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, I'm putting gold valve in my forks of my 06 wing. On the left side fork with damper rod you need to drill holes. they show 2 holes already in it and want you to drill 4 more. Mine already has 4 holes around the bottom on the same height around the rod at the bottom. They say drill 2 up 10 mm and 90 deg.around and 2 more up 10mm and 90 deg. around from the first ones. With mine already having 4 holes how many and where should I drill holes. Also I don't have rebound holes like they show in the damper rod.:shrug: What should I do. Thanks

·
Registered
510 Posts
Call Race Tech for the answers. They do Lord knows how many and have the right answer. Not to criticize but you'll likely get conflicting info on this subject here. Good luck.

·
Registered
19,161 Posts
I was told by others that the holes are to give better oil flow and it really is no big deal, just drill them. But like Dave R. said, I would call Race Tech and find out for sure!:thumbup:

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I tried calling race tech yesterday but they were closed. I will call them monday but was just hoping someone that has already done it and talked to them would have a little input so I could try to finish it this weekend.

·
Registered
3,809 Posts
I drilled two

·
Registered
2,146 Posts
the stock holes are the damping control . you drill more holes the eliminate that , as the new valve is in control

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
I was told by others that the holes are to give better oil flow and it really is no big deal, just drill them. But like Dave R. said, I would call Race Tech and find out for sure!:thumbup:
Exactly right. All you are looking for is oil flow unrestricted.

Jeff..

·
Registered
19,161 Posts
Exactly right. All you are looking for is oil flow unrestricted.

Jeff..
And I learned that from other forum members!:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts