GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,182 Posts
I just installed an 010 Honda shock w a Racetech sping, so far waybetter than the mushy Honda spring..

·
Registered
116 Posts
I hae afriend in California that has a full Racetech system on his Wing front and rear. He says its far superior to stock, easily as good as the Traxxion, if not better, and less $$.

·
Registered
247 Posts
rode like truck
single rate springs
replaced springs with Progressive still handles but smoother ride
I think your commenting on fork springs, OP is asking about a Racetech rear shock.

I bought the Option1 Racetech OEM rear shock upgrade, installed it about 5 months, 3000 miles ago. It was a tossup between the Traxxion and Racetech for me, price wise I believe their about the same. Well maybe comparing apples to oranges, Traxxion is a new shock, Racetech option 1 is a rebuilt OEM unit unless you opt for the brand new G3-S Racetech shock. I believe you could buy 2 Traxxion shocks for the price of one G3-S shock though.
Racetech asks you a lot of questions about your riding style, you & your passenger weight, and if you pull a trailer. They installed a 1200lb spring, weight 250/130, I no longer use any preload with the shock, used to run the stock shock at 20, the ride is much firmer, even better with the wife with me. I am happy with it and along with upgrading the front to Progressive Monotubes, 1 spacer, fork tubes 10mm above top tree. I kept reading about Traxxion shock failures is why I went with Racetech, Traxxion says they have addressed the problem. I hope it lasts a long time, a lot of work changing it. I have a couple pics in my photo album

·
Registered
709 Posts
I do not have any experience with the RaceTech OEM shock upgrade but will
vouch for their expertise and customer service. I have the RT G3-S shock which is the best rear shock money can buy for the Goldwing. I am hard on my bikes and RaceTech and Ohlins are the top of the heap IMO.

·
Registered
19,164 Posts
Had front and rear both done, no complaints!:thumbup:

·
Registered
201 Posts

·
Registered
236 Posts
Anybody have any experience good or bad with the reworked OEM shock that they sell?
Thanks
Yes, I installed their setup front and rear, wife and I both agree that it was money well spent. We used to ride with hydraulics on 23-24 just to keep from bouncing so much, now, with proper springs front and rear, two up, we are set at 7-8 and rides sweeeeet! Hope this helps.
Hobbit

·
Registered
274 Posts
I have the oem rebuilt shock from race tech and it was a great improvement over stock. I have had it for about 3 yrs and has held up well and I beat it pretty good on my Alaska trip last year and was glad I had it. I also did the front with their gold valves and springs and happy with that also. They will valve it for your weight and the way you ride.

·
Registered
492 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks, It is a bit cheaper than the Traxxion shock and comes with a reworked actuator and a new hose. Makes it a bit easier if I dont have to deal with filling and bleeding.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts