GL1800Riders Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,041 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thinking about ordering the racetech kit and have a couple questions.

What adjustments are available after installation of the fork emulator?

How are they made?

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
No adjustment can be made after the installation. Different shim thicknesses can be add to the rebound valve that goes in the right leg and spring pressure can be adjusted in the emulator that controls compression damping in the left leg.
Not sure what you mean by "how are they made"? I can say that they are high quality machined aluminum components. I would suggest that you research the web site.
I am extremely happy with mine. It is important that you replace the springs (I used Racetech springs) and calculate the spacer length to give you about 1-1/2" to 1-3/4" maximum static sag.

Jeff...

·
Registered
927 Posts
Thinking about ordering the racetech kit and have a couple questions.

What adjustments are available after installation of the fork emulator?

How are they made?
There are many adjustments, but they're all internal. You have to go back in to make them.

The emulator itself has a spring. You can swap the spring, 3 choices, and adjust the preload on it. You can change the fork oil weight. You can change the fork spring, its preload, and the oil level. You can change the shim stacks in the other leg. Racetech suggest two possibilities for compression, recommends just one for rebound, but lists alternatives.

I believe Traxxion has external adjustments for preload and rebound damping.

·
Registered
2,041 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
No adjustment can be made after the installation. Different shim thicknesses can be add to the rebound valve that goes in the right leg and spring pressure can be adjusted in the emulator that controls compression damping in the left leg.
Not sure what you mean by "how are they made"? I can say that they are high quality machined aluminum components. I would suggest that you research the web site.
I am extremely happy with mine. It is important that you replace the springs (I used Racetech springs) and calculate the spacer length to give you about 1-1/2" to 1-3/4" maximum static sag.

Jeff...
I meant the adjustments, do you have to disassemble or can they be made on the bike?

·
Registered
2,041 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
There are many adjustments, but they're all internal. You have to go back in to make them.

The emulator itself has a spring. You can swap the spring, 3 choices, and adjust the preload on it. You can change the fork oil weight. You can change the fork spring, its preload, and the oil level. You can change the shim stacks in the other leg. Racetech suggest two possibilities for compression, recommends just one for rebound, but lists alternatives.

I believe Traxxion has external adjustments for preload and rebound damping.
Thanks, that's what I was looking for.

·
Registered
1,181 Posts

Jeff...
What about this post was not perfectly clear?

·
Registered
8,095 Posts
Here we go. :popcorn::popcorn::popcorn:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts