GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I wanted a way to mount my Ipass. On the ST1300 I used a ram mount on my Migsel mount on the dash. No such item available for the Goldwing. Then I remember Max at Traxxion Dynamics had a radar detector mounting plate that goes on the clutch and brake reservoirs. I order the left and right standard. One for my V1 detector and the other for my Ipass.

Got the left one mounted and decided to try the Ipass there. Not sure it if will work but I am going to give it a try. Will install the right one with the V1, later when I pull the front end of the bike apart to install fog lights, homelink and the aux plug.

Here is a few pics with and without the ipass mounted.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,227 Posts
I am very interested to hear how the Ipass utilizing the Traxxion mount works out for you.

Reactions: whitewingnut

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I will post my findings...I will be making a run to Illinois next weekend, and will post how it works. I was reading up on where others put their Ipass, and if this mount doesn't work, i will try another location.

·
Registered
19,256 Posts
I can see the great looking Traxxion mount for radar detectors. Just stick your toll pass in your right hand locking cubby hole. Works great for me

·
Premium Member
761 Posts
With a toll pass place it in a very obvious place and take some pictures. Then put it where ever you want. Attempt to put it where it can be seen by the toll booth reader but if it can't then you can send in the pictures and get the reduced rate.
I have stopped using radar detectors because of all the false signals coming from all the K and Ka band on new cars and trucks. What I would like to see is both the posted and your actual speeds in the GPS display. Garman has this for both car GPS's as well as Zumos and BMW Navigators.

·
Registered
1,768 Posts
Down in Dallas, they photo your plates as you go through the toll booths. If your pass doesn't trigger as you go through, they look up the plate, check it for an account, and charge the account the toll pass rate if they find the account. So I stuck mine on the underside of the center cubby and let it go at that.. RD on a RAM mount. Gotta echo the comment about false positives these days... But still no trouble recognizing the difference when a real radar gun hits it...

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
I just mounted my I-Pass to the dashboard....I even painted it black except the very top where the numbers are...it works in all I-Pass booths

Attachments

Reactions: proudpeacock

·
Registered
72 Posts
With a toll pass place it in a very obvious place and take some pictures. Then put it where ever you want. Attempt to put it where it can be seen by the toll booth reader but if it can't then you can send in the pictures and get the reduced rate.
I have stopped using radar detectors because of all the false signals coming from all the K and Ka band on new cars and trucks. What I would like to see is both the posted and your actual speeds in the GPS display. Garman has this for both car GPS's as well as Zumos and BMW Navigators.
I have a brand new Wing and haven't mounted my Valentine V1 radar detector yet. I used Waze yesterday on the information screen and it worked perfectly. Waze gives you the speed information that you are asking about.

I also use the Traxxion mount. At this time it holds my SPOT tracker

·
Registered
316 Posts
In IL they will take a picture and deduct the cost from your account if the reader does not work. I never bring mine along unless im headed somewhere the tolls have arms (in IL there are not many)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts