GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know, ride the speed limit and you will never need it ! BUT, I just want some extra protection when the testosterone kicks in on that lonely quiet road.
Now that being said, I want to purchase a Valentine 1 detector and mount it to the outer portion of the handlebars, as it has a rear antenna also.
Where can I find a mount, hopefully even a locking mount, to achieve this ? I know if anybody has the right answer, it will be you "gaget freak" GlodWingers ! Thanks for your help, Craig

·
Legend in His Own Mind
4,671 Posts
I know, ride the speed limit and you will never need it ! BUT, I just want some extra protection when the testosterone kicks in on that lonely quiet road.
Now that being said, I want to purchase a Valentine 1 detector and mount it to the outer portion of the handlebars, as it has a rear antenna also.
Where can I find a mount, hopefully even a locking mount, to achieve this ? I know if anybody has the right answer, it will be you "gaget freak" GlodWingers ! Thanks for your help, Craig

At one time I ran a detection unit that utilized external fore and aft lazer modules. Screwed one up under the fairing and double lock velcroed the rear under the trunk. If I've misread you, a self contained R/D can mount easiest via ram mount.

·
Registered
1,279 Posts

·
Registered
10,849 Posts
Yep, a RAM mount is an excellent choice. Check out CycleGadgets.com as well. Scroll down to the Radar Detector section and you can see what is available: http://www.cyclegadgets.com/Products/RAM/
Cycle Gadgets has an excellent RAM mount for the V-1 that I haven't seen elsewhere. The V-1 is attached via a magnet to the shelf and a remote adapter can be affixed to the top of the V-1 with Velcro. It makes a neat installation. I attached mine to the clutch master cylinder bracket on the left handle bar so it can "see" behind me.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
You guys are great, thanks so much for the excellent advice. Craig

1 - 7 of 7 Posts