GL1800Riders Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am about to install a passport 8500 radar detector to my wing. Would you please post pictures of your mounts so that I can get some idea of what I want to do with mine. Your help is appreciated.

·
Registered
218 Posts
I hope I got this picture thing right...

Anyway, I have the Passport 8500 on my '04. I used the Ram Ezy-Mount Gadget Mount #RCB-EZY-504, with the short 1-3/4 arm and RAM 2x6 platform. Got them all from CycleGadgets.com

The radar detector is affixed to the mount with velcro so that I can remove it and use it in the car.

This is plugged into the bikes sound system using the EC Dualset.

Good luck.....

G

·
I have mine mounted on the right handlebar, also using the EZ mount, though with the standard RAM arm, and a round platform. Industrial strength Velcro holds it to the platform, just fine.

I use Kennedy's RadarSet to plug unit into intercom system.

·
Registered
1,512 Posts
Check out MIke Callery's ad in the classifieds for the cyclegadgets platform mount for the 1800. Would be a good deal on a way to mount it, is you wanted a handlebar mount. Here is a pic of it:

I wanted mine on the dash, so I made a platform and use the suctioncup mount to attach it to the windshield, and it is velcroed to the platform, which is velcroed to the dashmat, which is velcroed to the dash.

VELCRO RULES!! :D

·
Registered
4,563 Posts
MarkM said:
I have mine mounted on the right handlebar, also using the EZ mount, though with the standard RAM arm, and a round platform. Industrial strength Velcro holds it to the platform, just fine.

I use Kennedy's RadarSet to plug unit into intercom system.
I did the same as Mark, but took the 8500 case apart and used some #6 machine screws to mount it to the round RAM mount. I found a couple spots on the PC board without a bunch of chips, then covered those spots with electrical tape "just in case".

1 - 5 of 5 Posts