GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
816 Posts
Sorry you waiting your money any good radar operator you cant beat.

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk
And what does tat have to do with the where to mount the radar detector ?

·
Registered
2,700 Posts
Not on a 2018, but I've run with one on one of these mounts
https://www.rammount.com/part/RAP-300-1U

Just put a RAM ball somewhere and use an arm (perhaps long?) that gets it up to a place with a clear view. Mine is on a short arm on a ball in the rail in my windbender windshield though I have done it on a long arm from a handlebar cluster ball.

It holds very securely - the magnetic plate stuck to the detector, and the magnet on the mount holds the plate. Plus very easy on/off.

That doesn't do anything for weather protection. You can hack some tupperware around it. Or there's a purpose built shell out there somewhere. But my solution is just to remove it when it rains.

·
Registered
497 Posts
I think traxxion did a install on YouTube and put it near the left side handle bar controls. I know what you mean about thevradar detector. Riding at 65 mph feels like 35 on the new wings

·
Registered
8,831 Posts
As long as you can hear it, why not consider a hidden location on the bike.

Yeah, can't mess with settings or the like, but it does make having one on a motorcycle a bit easier to deal with.

Now, where to hide it? Nope...you gotta figure that one out on your own. There's only a handful of locations on a legacy GL1800; the current model may or may not have similar locations to choose from.

·
Registered
92 Posts
On my Concours,I used to just put the detector in the tank bag. Wired the audio into my "audio system." I've wondered if just having the radar in the trunk and wired into the GW "audio system" would cause its sensitivity to drop dramatically?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts