Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was thinking of installing these.
Are they hard to install?

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
Super easy to install, but a real B#$%^H to remove. Make sure that you really want these. Some have reported that they cause more heat to flow back on rider legs.

·
Registered
1,281 Posts
not sure you're talking about Shark's Gills which is the chrome looking stick on thing or the grill that's available way inside there to "chrome" the opening.

If it's the Shark's Gills...they go on with silicone "caulk" and you glue 'em on and tie wrap them in place for a few hours (included)...I have had them on both wings and think they do put a little more heat on you but not awfully...frankly like the way they look. There's another thread on here on how to remove them...and my only thought would be some fishing line or something...would be a BEAR.

I don't think you want to "try it out" as I doubt you'll get 'em off without ruining them and they're not cheap.

·
Registered
4,935 Posts
If you buy a set you can attach them with wire ties and ride for awhile and see how you like them before you install them permanentely. If you don't like them because of the extra heat you could sell them. I did that with a chrome dash accent on my 02 before I hooked it on with the 2 way tape.

·
Registered
353 Posts
I have them on and I didnt see much extra heat when its hot out its hot, short of putting the wings on there isnt much you can do IMO,
(exept move to WI)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts