GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
While doing installs and a couple mods with the shelter and pockets removed I noticed some EXTREMELY sharp edges on the upper corners of the radiatiors on both sides.While wiring in these areas be sure to secure the bundles properly as to prevent chaffing from the radiators.This looks like a problem waiting to happen,especially on the right side behind the keyed panel for the lockable pocket on the right side.I installed the voltmeter and perm.mounted Gerbings controllers there. Be sure everything there is fused in case shorting occurs! Happy riding and God bless!

C

·
0 Posts
While doing installs and a couple mods with the shelter and pockets removed I noticed some EXTREMELY sharp edges on the upper corners of the radiatiors on both sides.While wiring in these areas be sure to secure the bundles properly as to prevent chaffing from the radiators.This looks like a problem waiting to happen,especially on the right side behind the keyed panel for the lockable pocket on the right side.I installed the voltmeter and perm.mounted Gerbings controllers there. Be sure everything there is fused in case shorting occurs! Happy riding and God bless!
Teflon wire (mil-spec) will virtually eliminate this worry

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
He's a mini Dachshund,3 years old.On the Mil-spec wire issue,it definately helps but availability for some can be tough.Maintaining aircraft for nearly 31 years ,even with the teflon wire,these problems still exist today. A simple piece of teflon spiral wrap,from the local auto parts store will suffice.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts