GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
IronMan
17,638 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guy called with 2002 wing and said cant get any sound out of speakers or headset . Has cb nothing there either . Says all buttons work and can see on display just no sound . Anyway to ck radio for out put ?

·
Registered
3,371 Posts
I’d try a disconnect on the battery for a few minutes and see if that clears things up. Obviously the mute button needs to be checked... other than that, I believe there is a separate fuse for the amp(?)

That’s all I got... some of the smart guys will be checking in later!

:thumbup:

·
Registered
1,105 Posts
Is the CB stock Honda or perhaps an after market like the MP3 Evolution? The evolution has 2d radio support and pressing PTT 3 times quickly will switch it back and forth, this without a 2d radio would go quiet.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

·
Registered
519 Posts
Road all the way across Tennessee right after we bought the Wing and couldn't figure why the radio quit on me. Had to cross over the Mississippi to realize rthat the mute was on. DUH.

·
GL1800 Doctor
20,372 Posts
Guy called with 2002 wing and said cant get any sound out of speakers or headset . Has cb nothing there either . Says all buttons work and can see on display just no sound . Anyway to ck radio for out put ?
After the battery cable reset, he needs to contact LarryM through his web page. No separate amp on a 2002, it’s all in one unit.

·
IronMan
17,638 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ok gonna give him a radio i have on the shelf and see if that works should tell if radio or something else on bike thanks for info

·
IronMan
17,638 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
He played with his old one and got it to work thru helmet . Told him to check buttons and make sure were working and not stuck , thanks for comments

Reactions: cycledude
1 - 7 of 7 Posts