GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone experienced this...I am riding a 2006 Honda Goldwing.

When I turn the wheel LEFT, the Radio output changes from speakers to intercom. Turn left again, changes from intercom to something else (can't remember). Turn again, the speakers turn on again. So basically, anytime I turn left, I have to press the press the output signal to speakers to hear the music...or wait for two more left turns!

Any ideas!

Steven

·
Registered
2,691 Posts
Anyone experienced this...I am riding a 2006 Honda Goldwing.

When I turn the wheel LEFT, the Radio output changes from speakers to intercom. Turn left again, changes from intercom to something else (can't remember). Turn again, the speakers turn on again. So basically, anytime I turn left, I have to press the press the output signal to speakers to hear the music...or wait for two more left turns!

Any ideas!

Steven
That’s crazy, do you see the radio go away in the display? Could you have something touching a radio button on left turns? Have you added ( or previous owner) any wired switches to the handlebars? Or handlebar risers that could be pulling on wiring? This is a new one!! Good luck..

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I am the original owner. The only add-on are risers, but that was done back in 2006. I was hoping it was something simple, as I don't have time to dismantle before a weekend road trip this weekend. No biggie, I suppose. Just manually select the output after every left turn...or only make right turns. :)

Thanks to you both for the quick responses!

·
Vendor
22,070 Posts
I am the original owner. The only add-on are risers, but that was done back in 2006. I was hoping it was something simple, as I don't have time to dismantle before a weekend road trip this weekend. No biggie, I suppose. Just manually select the output after every left turn...or only make right turns. :)

Thanks to you both for the quick responses!

Risers can put stress on the wire bundle going up the handlebars if the wire harness isn't routed just right. That would be where I'd start looking. I'd also check for any pinched wires in the handlebar stalk from the handlebar cover.

·
Vendor
17,822 Posts
Be sure there is no chrome cover around the audio controls that interfere with the button movement on top of the radio. Also, check for small pieces of sand in gaps between the radio buttons and the radio's face plate.

I'd then check for a damaged harness under the left bar and at the top bridge where it routes under the routing bracket. If nothing is found there, check the radio connections on the underside of the radio.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts