GL1800Riders Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's a month old 2010. I'm riding along hapily, and then... The volume of the radio and intercom fades out just like someone pushes a "SUPER" mute button. After a while it comes back for a little while then fades out again.

Speakers or headset makes no difference except without the headsets it doesn't do it quite so often.
I've tried it with and without a headset, with and without my wife's headset, and with and with both headsets. The MUTE button further lowere the volume.

·
Registered
2018 Honda Gold Wing
8,011 Posts
Sounds like the intercom mute is set to high. The intercom mute lowers the volume of the radio when someone talks on the intercom or CB....if the intercom mute is set too high, wind noise can also mute the radio. I've always set intercom mute at zero.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have a 2010 that does the same thing, radio fades and XM radio fades when it appears to get to much air flow or road noise to the mic on my helmet. When I put my hand up over the mic, the volume comes back. How do you set the mute control to zero?

I am a newby here this is my first post, I find the forum really helpful been reading it since I bought my wing in December 2010.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Just found out how to set the Intercom mute to zero, will try that on my next ride. Hope it stops the radio fade out. I will let you know if it worked for me. My thanks to everyone.

Frank $

·
Premium Member
2,902 Posts
Just learned something. Didn't know there was an intercom mute. One of these days I am going to read the handbook. LOL

1 - 6 of 6 Posts