GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,295 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today I jumped on the wing to go for a ride and my I-Pod gave up the ghost and would not play. 2005 Goldwing.

I did a search ....and I could be there forever looking....HELP

I have the Soundgate and I-Pod that runs through the CD player. Well after checking all the connections. the I-Pod started to play agian.....Great....well not so great the I-Pod stopped working for the second time. All connections are good but the CD button is not working now????

When I push the CD button it doesn't beep like the other buttons. Plus it will not show the CD player......... *&%##!!<*^ The FM1 button started to mess up alittle too. The buttons don't feel like there stuck.......actually feel the same as the others.

A little help please.

Thanks Lee

·
Registered
498 Posts
I have the same problem only the ipod is also dead. I tried another ipod and still nothing. I havent checked the conections yet as I was saving taking the seat off for this weekend. I wonder is there a fuze dedicated to the CD connection?

·
Registered
4,374 Posts
It happens to me at times as well.

I first started going to the ipod and back out to the play list then press the buttons and start a new song...it worked...Now when it happens, I press the 4 or 5 button and it changes to another group of songs and starts to play. Read the instructions...On there it tells you which number buttons changes the group to another group. That has always worked for me to get the music back flowing. It just happen to me yesterday and I pressed the 5 button I believe and it started playing the songs from the new group that I have on the ipod...

Hope that helps...

·
Registered
498 Posts
Thanks but that really doesn't do it. Right now it seems like there is nothing connected at all.

·
Registered
512 Posts
Its got to be the Soundgate i use my ipod or Iphone no problems. Just can't use the hand controls.:yes1:

·
Registered
4,374 Posts
You try pulling the plug on the soundgate then back in to reset the system ??

·
Banned
1,911 Posts
You try pulling the plug on the soundgate then back in to reset the system ??

Correto Leave ignition on pull plug under seat and replug back in
cycle ignition key and it should see it

Any one else feel the sound is not up to snuff????
I'm dumping mine and going back to J&M MP3

·
Registered
498 Posts
I will have to pull my seat this weekend and give that a try. I have been very happy with the sound quality and really miss having it.

·
Registered
1,295 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Got it working. Went back to the Soundgate manual and basically just reinstalled the soundgate as per manual. Seems to be working just fine now. Hope this works for you guys. I think the Wings CD would not recognize the soundgate system for some reason.

Thanks for the Help Lee

·
Registered
4,374 Posts
Any one else feel the sound is not up to snuff????
I'm dumping mine and going back to J&M MP3
I have no problem with volume. As long as I have the volume up as high as it will go on the IPOD, The soundgate system will bring up the volume level just fine to what ever level I want it. Sounds great and clear.... :thumbup:

·
Registered
498 Posts
I unplugged everything and plugged it back together. Now it works like a charm. 2024 songs on the ipod. Im good for about five days non stop riding.

Thanks for the help.

·
Banned
1,911 Posts
I have no problem with volume. As long as I have the volume up as high as it will go on the IPOD, The soundgate system will bring up the volume level just fine to what ever level I want it. Sounds great and clear.... :thumbup:
Volume is fine ....sound is muddy compared to J&M

Glad to see this worked... they somehow forget that unit is attached???

1 - 16 of 16 Posts