GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
a friends radio shows stations but can't get any sound, checked fuses, un-pluged, and re-plugged the main connection, still nothing, anyone have any ideas. Thanks

·
GL1800 Doctor
20,471 Posts
Pull the fuse labeled "battery" wait a few minutes, reinstall it and try it again. Also check the mute button.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Pull the fuse labeled "battery" wait a few minutes, reinstall it and try it again. Also check the mute button.
Did both, I've got a little radio sound through headsets if I put the volumn up to 30, this bike has a c.d. unit installed but hasn't been used. Got me stumped unless the radio has gone bad

·
Registered
96 Posts
A good friend recently had an issue where the radio didn't work at all. First I removed and reconnected all the electrical connections. It worked right after doing that BUT after riding a couple of days the radio quit working again.

I removed the radio completely from the bike and took the top part with all the buttons completely apart and cleaned everything with electrical cleaner and put it back together. It's time consuming but actually very easy to do. Most buttons can only go back in to one location but you still need to pay attention as to what button goes where.

It's been working like new ever since.

The problem is that dirt can get into those parts keeping the some buttons pushed as they don't have to move much at all to make contact. Most wings will never have a problem with this but it can happen to any of them regardless of age and mileage.

·
Registered
5,265 Posts
Did both, I've got a little radio sound through headsets if I put the volumn up to 30, this bike has a c.d. unit installed but hasn't been used. Got me stumped unless the radio has gone bad
Mute button?

·
Registered
282 Posts
Is a CB installed? If so, check to see if a constant RX or TX is showing. That will keep audio cut off. Also, if CB installed and squelch is set too low it will pick up white noise, RX or TX noise and mute audio.

Just a thought.

Regards,

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
already had checked the mute, have unplugged and checked connections. c.b. isn't showing any tx or rx, I've set all the settings to where mine are set, nothing works.

·
Registered
1,962 Posts
If you can hear a little noise inthe headsets, then pus hthe "mute" button and see if you notice a change in the noise you can hear. If the noise is muted even more then your mute button was in the correct position. If it gets louder, it may be fixed. this is the mute button onthe left bar. make sure your on fm 1 and tuned to a known working station.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
If you can hear a little noise inthe headsets, then pus hthe "mute" button and see if you notice a change in the noise you can hear. If the noise is muted even more then your mute button was in the correct position. If it gets louder, it may be fixed. this is the mute button onthe left bar. make sure your on fm 1 and tuned to a known working station.
pushing the mute button mutes in the headset, so I know its right. have to set volumn full open to hear though

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

·
GL1800 Doctor
20,471 Posts
LarryM is your man. He has forgotten more about the 1800's audio system than most will learn. Send him a pm and see what he has to say.:thumbup:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts