GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been unable to manually preset radio stations (FM & AM). I follow the directions on page 91 in the owners manual, (To Store a Station Manually).
1 I press Enter and select USER preset mode
2. I Tune to a station I want to store
3. I press & Hold Enter.
This is where the problem arises. It doesn't matter how long (or short) a period of time I press and hold Enter, Step 4 "Select a preset number", never appears on the screen.

BTW, the Auto Preset works fine. I go to Auto mode, press & hold Enter a couple seconds and it selects the strongest stations and assigns them a number.

Any suggestions?

Thanks, Greg

·
Registered
7,563 Posts
It won't give a message saying 'select the preset number.'

When you do step 3, the user/auto 'preset mode indicator' in rh corner will both go grey and the preset number will display '-----'. (a series of dashes).

Once the mode indicator blanks out and preset changes to dashes, you will be able to select the preset number you want to use (tip the knob til it displays the number you want to use for the preset).

Then select enter with knob or button on LH bar.

(instructions in book are telling you to select the number you want to use for the preset -- but the bike will not have that instruction displayed on the screen)

Let us know how you make out.

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I was able to set the preset stations with one caveat. I found that after step three, I had to use the forward or back arrow on the handlebar (the ones on right / left, not top / bottom) to get the numbers to appear. Turning knob on dash had no effect. Then I pressed ENTER in the center of the knob to lock in the number. Hope this will help others that are having this problem. And thanks FARMGUY for your help.

This board ROCKS!!

Greg

·
Love The DCT
12,020 Posts
I was able to set the preset stations with one caveat. I found that after step three, I had to use the forward or back arrow on the handlebar (the ones on right / left, not top / bottom) to get the numbers to appear. Turning knob on dash had no effect. Then I pressed ENTER in the center of the knob to lock in the number. Hope this will help others that are having this problem. And thanks FARMGUY for your help.

This board ROCKS!!

Greg
The knob on the dash (Interface Dial) also operates as a joystick and can be moved in eight different directions. Instead of rotating the knob, if you would have moved it to the left or right you would have noticed the preset numbers changing. When you get to the desired number, press Enter to lock in the number to the station you selected.

:doorag:

·
Registered
7,563 Posts
The knob on the dash (Interface Dial) also operates as a joystick and can be moved in eight different directions. Instead of rotating the knob, if you would have moved it to the left or right you would have noticed the preset numbers changing. When you get to the desired number, press Enter to lock in the number to the station you selected.

:doorag:
^^^
this

tip the knob, rather than turn the knob

(I've also updated the previous post. Knew I should have went out and checked....)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts