GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi wingers, does anyone no the modification trick to change an american GL1800 radio fit for europian freqenties?, they all ends at odd numbers , like98,5 or 100,7

·
Registered
2,518 Posts
REPLACE the radio, it can not be changed any other way.

·
Banned
4,623 Posts
You have two choices that I can see, Modify the radio, Change the PLL to tune where you want it.

Or, go to ebay and buy one for 125 bucks plus 15 for shipping, then just plug it in

JMHO 8)

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hi
My new GL1800 Airbag is on its way to Denmark. What I was told the US radio jumps frequencies in increments of 2. In Denmark the frequencies jumps in increments of 1.

·
Registered
4,133 Posts
I have a Japanese radio in my truck that the freqs only go to 98 instead of 107. I bought an adaptor from England that fixes my problem. Not sure if something like thats available for you.

·
Registered
2,685 Posts
Somebody on the board just got a European radio last week off of ebay. Do a search and maybe you two can swap notes.....?

·
Registered
2,625 Posts
When you wish upon a falling star, your dreams can come true.
Unless it's really a meteorite hurtling to the Earth which will destroy all life.
Then you're pretty much hosed no matter what you wish for.
Unless it's death by meteor.

.........ROFL...... :)

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I Don’t think the radio this guy has bought will fit; there is a different between the radio on an airbag model and a model without airbag.

On another message board I found out that in Belgium is a person who could do this trick, but I haven’t the name and address, and this is a trip on 2000 miles.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Radio

The US radio can definately be converted to EU frequencies I'll see if I can find a link.
No luck finding link. Found item that mentioned a guy at the Belgian Treffen that converted the radio's, apparently he connected the radio to a laptop to do this.
Also one of the wrenches at HGB in the UK can also convert the US radio
Jas

1 - 11 of 11 Posts