GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
356 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Buddy has a strange problem with the radio on his bike. For some reason the mute has become active and the tuner will not work. He can hear the radio faintly but cannot change stations and cannot get the mute to deactivate. "Mute" shows up on his display as being active. I am guessing it is a switch thing but he says nobody activated the mute switch to his knowledge. Has anyone got any insight on this? This is on a 97 1500, but again just trying to tap into this knowledge base without having to find a 1500 site. That said, can someone recommend a good 1500 site?

·
Registered
83 Posts
Radio volume

There is a 5 amp fuse located to the right of the battery that has
something to do with the volume. I believe it is by some of the
relays.I had to remove the battery to find it. I had the same problem on
a 2000SE. Pulled the radio & sent it to Sierra electronics only to find
out it worked fine for them.They were the ones who told me to check that
fuse.I don't believe Honda even shows that fuse in the manual.
Hope this helps you.
Speed

·
Registered
887 Posts
Buddy has a strange problem with the radio on his bike. For some reason the mute has become active and the tuner will not work. He can hear the radio faintly but cannot change stations and cannot get the mute to deactivate. "Mute" shows up on his display as being active. I am guessing it is a switch thing but he says nobody activated the mute switch to his knowledge. Has anyone got any insight on this? This is on a 97 1500, but again just trying to tap into this knowledge base without having to find a 1500 site. That said, can someone recommend a good 1500 site?
Its a knob, it's not a switch!!!!!!

WWW.gwrra.org for your 1500

·
Registered
626 Posts
First thing I'd check is the 5amp fuse that is located in the relay box. After that I would suspect the switches. But I'm pretty sure it's that 5amp fuse.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts