GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went out for a short ride today and when I started my 2012 GW I noticed the radio said 0.0 MHz and the radio would not play. I tried one of my preset stations and it would not play either. I manually tuned the radio to a station and it would play. I tried to store the station as a preset but it would only go back to 0.0 MHz and it quit playing. Any ideas?

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
835 Posts
It should still be under factory warranty, take it in.

·
Registered
2,637 Posts
Have you been playing with the buttons again.... I for the life of me cannot remember what the button is called, but it's the one that allows you to scan stations when traveling, then press it again when you return to your home area and all your presets are back. Dang I hate getting old..

This I know because it has happened to me....

·
Registered
7,380 Posts
Have you been playing with the buttons again.... I for the life of me cannot remember what the button is called, but it's the one that allows you to scan stations when traveling, then press it again when you return to your home area and all your presets are back. Dang I hate getting old..

This I know because it has happened to me....
It's the ASEL button. Agree with the battery connection issue. May need to remove the negative lead and leave it off for about ten minutes then reconnect to reset the radio.

·
Registered
2,012 Posts
Pull the radio fuse (I think its #18) wait 30 seconds and reinstall.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Buttons

I went out for a short ride today and when I started my 2012 GW I noticed the radio said 0.0 MHz and the radio would not play. I tried one of my preset stations and it would not play either. I manually tuned the radio to a station and it would play. I tried to store the station as a preset but it would only go back to 0.0 MHz and it quit playing. Any ideas?

Thanks in advance.
I dont think it battery as this happened to me last summer. It is the A*SEL button. push it and your resets should return.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for all the replies. As it turned out, the A-SEL button solution worked like a charm. I love this bike and this website!!!!!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts