GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need to remove my radio to replace one of the light bulbs that illuminates the volume knob. How difficult is this and are there any tutorials? Where is the best place to buy these bulbs? Any info. appreciated.

·
Registered
641 Posts
Honda dealer has the bulbs. I bought all of them for under $20 I think. I would replace them all since you are in there.

Now, someone please answer the removal and replacement part as I am wondering the same thing.

Thanks,

·
Registered
645 Posts
Remove the seat.
Remove the top shelter
Turn the Top Shelter upside down
Locate mounting screws.
Unscrew the screws and the radio unit will come right out.
Now, I've not taken it down any further than that -- so I'm not sure about getting the buttons and knobs off to replace light bulbs, but I'm guessing there's more screws or nuts under the knobs.

HTH.

Cheers!

http://www.jimnlyn.com

·
Registered
86 Posts
radio bulbs

what is the part number for the bulbs in the radio. are they hard to get from the dealer?

Ron

·
Registered
4,092 Posts
Start here...
http://www.pbase.com/fredharmon/radio

Wayne Saunders once wrote……
As an FYI to anyone interested here is some details on light bulbs. I was looking for this info myself and got little from this site. So with a little help from the 2001-2005 GL1800 service manual and the Honda parts fiche I came up with the following.

With the exception of the dash area, which I will explore later I found there is only 3 different light bulbs for the main bike lighting.

1. Headlights: All 4 are the same
Honda # 34901-MAT-611 or local purchase H7 Halogen

2. License plate:
Honda # 33301-SA0-741 or local purchase W5W Miniature

3. Front turn signals, Rear turn signals and Rear running/brake lights, for a total of 10, all take the same bulb.
Honda # 34906-MBB-611 or local purchase 7443 Dual filament

I found all of these bulbs at Wally World.

PS: 2006 & newer MAY have different bulbs in the rear of the bike.

And thanks to Mick, you can add this to your list of lamps.

Honda part # 39111-mca-671, this is the part number for the radio button lamps. No you won't find these at Walmart.

My two cents worth....
If you want to replace bulbs that are the same as the OEM bulbs with the center filament support post then find someone who carries EIKO or Google EIKO. The EIKO brand has the center post.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts