GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
7,039 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone use this and have a opinion? I have been useing this to spray into the switches ie Reverse, Start and Clutch holding a rag underneath to catch any drops or over-spray. This stuff has worked fine, thus far to release my sticking switches.

·
Banned
1,844 Posts
Anyone use this and have a opinion? I have been useing this to spray into the switches ie Reverse, Start and Clutch holding a rag underneath to catch any drops or over-spray. This stuff has worked fine, thus far to release my sticking switches.
Been using that stuff on my Wings for over 20 years.

·
Registered
3,827 Posts
:thumbup:

I use it on all switches, including the ones that produce static over time on my 1970's Crown amp, pre-amp, and control center.

·
Banned
1,247 Posts

·
Registered
184 Posts
Works for me

I have used the Radio Shack product on my '01 for the past 10 years without any problems whatsoever. It was especially effective on my CB switches.

Jim

·
GL1800 Doctor
20,543 Posts
Be careful, I think those brain surgeons at Radio Shack recently changed the formula and the new stuff is crap according to some reviews. :eek:4:

·
Registered
408 Posts
My other hobby is vintage audio. Folks on Audiokarma swear by Caig DeOxit for switch cleaning.

http://www.caig.com/

I use it for all switch cleaning, followed by their CaiLube product.

You can find it locally at most Guitar Centers. No affiliation, just a customer.

·
Registered
5,923 Posts
I've also used this for a long time now. It use to be called TV tuner cleaner/lubricator. I don't know if it is the same stuff, but works well for our switches.

·
GL1800 Doctor
20,543 Posts
Yea, John, I've used it for years too with excellent results, but take a look at Radio Shacks info for it and read the reviews. There's a couple on there that are either crazy or RS has screwed up their formula. :shrug:

·
Registered
7,039 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

·
Registered
7,039 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
So does it work? :shrug:
So far, it has done the trick without taking apart the switches. The first time that I used this stuff, I did'nt hold a rag to catch the excess and messed up the black plate for right pocket lock, no biggie cuz I spilled brake fluid on it too!

·
Registered
118 Posts
Will this stuff work to free up my cruise control switch that always stays on?

·
Registered
342 Posts
The can I bought at the 'Shack' a few weeks ago clearly states to try it in a small area before using on any plastic. Lawyers at work? I have know idea but I would use caution with any product so marked.

·
Registered
7,039 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Do you have to disconnect the battery before using ?
I wouldn't use it with the key switch on or accessory hot.

·
Registered
7,039 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
1 - 20 of 20 Posts