GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
823 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have heard of using the speakers from the Radio Shack Titanium series headphones as replacements for headsets. It seems that most motorcycle headsets are very poor quality and these little Radio Shack headphones are pretty good for the money, I bought a set today, and now they are on sale for half price. just thought someone might like to know. $20.00 is better than $40.00

·
Resident BBQ Expert
13,862 Posts
that will work fine, i used a $ 29 pair of sony ones from walmart in my helmet.

music sounds real good, they have flat backs, whick when mounted with velcro can be fitted easily in the ear holes area.

loren

·
Registered
17 Posts
I recently replaced the speakers on an old set of J&M headsets with speakers from $10 Koss headsets that I bought at WalMart - mostly as an experiment. They sounded great when installed in my spare helmet! Much better bass response than the J&Ms. Don't know yet how well they will hold up or how they will sound going down the road at 65 MPH.

I soldered the wire from the headsets directly onto the new speakers. I wasn't sure of the importance of the impedance rating. The ones I bought were 32 ohms, whereas the Sonys I looked at were 24 ohms, I believe. Does anyone have any input on this? I'm going to buy another set of headphones and perform the same operation on the speakers in my main helmet.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts