GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
544 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am not bashing the Wing so don't flame me but...I just don't get this.

I have a 2010. When I change the radio volume I get the useless bar graph on my display showing the radio volume. That bar graph stays on my screen for what seems like at least 10 seconds.

During that time none of my radio/Nav buttons work. Also the volume display blocks the Nav screen so I can't see the next turn direction.

10 seconds might not seem like a long time but if I am approaching an intersection and I want to confirm where I am turning, if I hapened to lower the radio volume I have to wait for that absolutely useless bar graph to go away before I can see the directions.

Much like the "opening ceremonies" that you have to just sit and wait for them to finish before you can press enter for the Nav system to load.

Has anyone (fred H.) found a way to bypass the volume bar graph ?

Sorry for the long rant.

·
Registered
7,613 Posts
Try using the MUTE button on our left switch cluster to lower the volume for turns. I understand your complaint, I rant WAY too often about programmers because I am one. Often, one must just find a workaround which is why they call them workarounds.

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
As for the nagging welcome screen; It can be turned off from the menu on my '07. Details for turning it off and on are in the owners manual that came with the bike.

·
Registered
642 Posts
Bugs me too, so I mute, or use my added on volume on the left side of handlebar. I love that additional volume, as sometimes wifey doesn't particularly like her volume reduced.

·
Registered
544 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I am glad to hear it is not just me.

As good as the Wing is, it could be a whole lot better if little things like this were not designed into the bike without any thought about how it would effect the riders.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts