·
Banned
4,623 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
[No message]

·
Registered
2,367 Posts
Maybe a leanto on the side of the house?

·
Registered
609 Posts
Tom,
We can not hear you up here in South Carolina!!!

Need to sing louder,my friend!!

Or it was the fire works from last nite???

Edmund

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
Tom, I told my dealer I wanted a better radio. He said he would fix me up. I went down there, and there sat my new radio with two wheels and a motorcycle included. Not a cheap upgrade, but hey we are all happy here.

Ed Jenkins, Pawnee, Il
01, 190,000 miles
07, 7100 miles

·
Banned
4,623 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
[No message]

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
KA7W said:
Arn Butt

Hold off on the two bucks, I just got a phone call, an old friend in Hawthorne Nevada just called, he has had a massive stroke and I gotta go help him

JMHO 8)
Sorry to hear about your friend.

On the radio...I drenched Icom 2at talkie a few years ago. It would not work at all. So I thought what the hell, I turned on the oven and set the temp at 100 degrees. Results...a couple of hours at that temp and it worked like a champ. Might try that. Of course you'll have to take it out of the bike first or get a very large oven. :lol: :lol: :lol:

·
Banned
4,623 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
[No message]

·
Registered
234 Posts
I had to knock ice off of mine a month or so ago, and the radio presets wouldn't work, but the radio worked OK other than that. I couldn't store any stations either.
My dealer said that they would troubleshoot it; just bring it in. I happened to see a legend on the display that said A.SEL, and I found a button on the upper right corner that said the same thing. I pushed the button to de-select it and everything worked fine. Sure glad that I didn't have the dealer spend an hour or two troubleshooting the problem.
I didn't find any discussion in the manual what you would use this button for. Anybody?

·
Registered
786 Posts
KC said:
I had to knock ice off of mine a month or so ago, and the radio presets wouldn't work, but the radio worked OK other than that. I couldn't store any stations either.
My dealer said that they would troubleshoot it; just bring it in. I happened to see a legend on the display that said A.SEL, and I found a button on the upper right corner that said the same thing. I pushed the button to de-select it and everything worked fine. Sure glad that I didn't have the dealer spend an hour or two troubleshooting the problem.
I didn't find any discussion in the manual what you would use this button for. Anybody?
hold it down and it will replace your station presets with the current strongest radio stations(great for traveling). Press & hold again, it will put your presets back to what you had.

·
Registered
3,216 Posts
Could it be as a result of your working 60 metres?

·
Banned
4,623 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
[No message]

·
Registered
8,038 Posts
Tom,

Mine did that twice now on the 02??? It was cold both times. Stopped with radio playing and when I got back on after it sat for a couple hours the radio was dead. pushed all buttons ect ect and nothing, but on both occasions after about 45 min to an hour it came back on. I think it may be a temp issue here. Did you try hitting it with a hair drier for a few minutes to warm it up. Might be worth a try. I have found out not to use Reverse and the mute in the cold.

73's

·
Banned
4,623 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
[No message]

·
Banned
4,623 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
[No message]

·