GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 20 of 63 Posts

·
Arkansas Ridgerunner
3,977 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The words below are a small part of the introduction written by @Donnieontheroad for this event last year. To see the entire introduction written in Donnie’s own words visit the first page of the Raiders Ride In 2018 at this link. https://gl1800riders.com/forums/7-r...ders-ride-morrilton-ar-aug-8-12th-2018-a.html

What’s a RAIDERS Ride In? (Ride Arkansas In Depth Every Ride is Special). It’s riding Arkansas in-depth. Many riders come to this state and miss the best curvy roads Arkansas has to offer. Our mission is to end that injustice. There is very little to no planning for this RAIDERS Ride In. You make your own reservations, You show up … You ride, eat, sleep and repeat. Accommodations, who you ride with where you eat, when we’re not riding in a group, is up to you. There are no scheduled events but traditionally we meet up and end with a good steak dinner together the last night.

These motel’s below are located in Morrilton and near Bob’s @Monk house. No coordination or pre approved rates have been done so you’re on your own for making reservations, negotiating your own rate and being responsible for yourself.

Super 8
1818 Highway 9
Morrilton, AR 72110
(501) 354-8188

Holiday Inn Express & Suites
8 Bruce St
Morrilton, AR 72110
(501) 215-4924

Camping is also an option if you want to go that route. There are several options in the area …here are two suggestions to get you started.

Petit Jean State Park is near by and there’s camping there
Web Link for info : http://www.petitjeanstatepark.com/ac...g/default.aspx

KOA Kampground - Morrilton, Ar.
30 Kamper Ln
Morrilton, AR 72110
(501) 354-8262

·
Arkansas Ridgerunner
3,977 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
After a couple of discussions with Donnie regarding this event, he decided he wanted to see it continue even in his absence. It was very nice to see him during the MRI event in June even tho he was unable to ride. He has some family conflicts in August that will prevent him from attending this event.

I hope the dates are suitable to most of those who want to attend. In the process of exploring the calendar this was the only weekend date I had open. But even so, I'm retired and love riding the mountain roads. So if this date won't work for you drop me a pm and we will find another time when you can ride. :thumbup:

It is usually hot here in August and the rides are planned accordingly. KSU is at 7:00a.m. in the morning to take advantage of the cooler morning air. We will attempt to get back early enough for you to rest up and cool down in preparation of the next riding day.

The main riding will be on Thursday, Friday and Saturday. People usually arrive on Wednesday and depart for home on Sunday.

·
Registered
1,439 Posts
Maybe means don't tell anyone (family) your plans get up and say OH by the way I going for a little ride. See you in a week.
Haha! Family approval is done. Work approval? Another matter.... ?

Reactions: revrunt

·
Registered
1,920 Posts
Raiders

Glad to see the RAIDERS RIDE IN 2019 continue!!

You guys and gals will have a great time ... Bob will ensure that ... I hope to be ready to ride next time in 2020!

Hummmm ...

"Brought to you by the makers of the MRI comes another BaD (Bob and Donnie Inc.) production."

anyway ... have fun ... being bad!

Donnie

·
Arkansas Ridgerunner
3,977 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

·
Registered
7,037 Posts
Sounds fun and I think I can spare a vacation day to participate.

I just took of Friday. I'll plan on coming up Thursday night and going home Sunday.

·
Arkansas Ridgerunner
3,977 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
Sounds fun and I think I can spare a vacation day to participate.

I just took of Friday. I'll plan on coming up Thursday night and going home Sunday.

Glad you will be able to join us again. Which bike you going to bring? Just wondering how much following I will be doing. :wink2:

That Super Duke does it is such a quick beautiful way!! :thumbup:

Reactions: Donnieontheroad

·
Registered
7,037 Posts
Glad you will be able to join us again. Which bike you going to bring? Just wondering how much following I will be doing. :wink2:

That Super Duke does it is such a quick beautiful way!! :thumbup:

I haven't decided yet. If I ride from home, it will probably be the Wing. The Super Duke is great once I get there, but it's not fun on the ride up or back home so if I bring it, I'll bring it on a trailer. Over the years, I've gotten over my trailer embarrassment. I've decided that if it isn't fun, you're doing it wrong. The Super Duke on the highway isn't much fun so I've decided to refrain from 400 mile highway rides on it.

PS... everybody knows that the best ride in Arkansas is following the red bike so no matter which one I bring...I'll be planning on following you.

·
Registered
1,768 Posts
Gonna try to make this one.. My retired schedule just opened up for that week... :)

·
Registered
3,371 Posts
?. Just bought tickets to Argentina for the 8th through 27... not gonna make it this time. Y’all have fun and chase some chickens for me!

NEXT TIME?

:thumbup:

·
Registered
352 Posts
Chicken!!!!

?. Just bought tickets to Argentina for the 8th through 27... not gonna make it this time. Y’all have fun and chase some chickens for me!

NEXT TIME :thumbup:

Well...I hate that you're not going to make it..however, that means the rest of us should be safe from... 'BIG BIRD' :grin2:

GetAttachmentThumbnail_003.jpg

:thumbup:hobo

·
Registered
515 Posts
I’m hoping I can make it down for a couple days, the 8th and 9th may work with my schedule.
I’ll let you know as we get closer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,371 Posts
Well...I hate that you're not going to make it..however, that means the rest of us should be safe from... 'BIG BIRD' :grin2:

View attachment 329171

:thumbup:hobo
Larry, you are a hoot! You’re safe, I guess. I am really gonna miss ya’ll!

:thumbup:

Reactions: gwhobo and Monk
1 - 20 of 63 Posts