1 - 20 of 157 Posts

·
Registered
1,926 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Third Annual - RAIDERS Ride In
Morrilton, Arkansas
August 8-12th’ 2018

Well, it’s time once again to hide the women and children and keep them well back from the sides of the roads as the Raiders and Raiderettes are coming to town for another great Ride In - August 8th - 12th. Yeah, yeah, yeah … we all know it will be smoking hot in August but that doesn’t mean we can’t smoke some of them great Arkansas Ozark roads all the same and down mass quantities of pie and ice cream. We’re Raiders after all … we don’t melt in the rain and we don’t shy away from the heat if it means we can enjoy taking curvy road after curvy road at speed all day long, eat great food, cultivate friendships and enjoy harassing one another from time to time. Gotta be tough for this crowd but the friends you make here will be the lasting kind and you’ll leave here with many great riding memories and stories to share.

What’s a RAIDERS Ride In? (Ride Arkansas In Depth Every Ride is Special). It’s riding Arkansas in-depth. Many riders come to this state and miss the best curvy roads Arkansas has to offer. Our mission is to end that injustice. There is very little to no planning for this RAIDERS Ride In. You make your own reservations, You show up … You ride, eat, sleep and repeat. Accommodations, who you ride with where you eat, when we’re not riding in a group, is up to you. There are no scheduled events but traditionally we meet up and end with a good steak dinner together the last night.

There will be 3 full days of riding (Aug 9-11) between 275 - 350 miles per day. Routes are located between the ears of @Monk (Bob) The Arkansas Ridge Runner. There is no plan short of what roads to take and ride everyday and that comes from Monk. Groups of Wings should ideally be between 4 -8 bikes and you can form up and ride with old friends or pick some new ones to ride with. Bob will lead a group and I can lead a group. Perhaps others can be recruited to lead groups if there’s a large turn out. We can stagger them as we go maintaining the same route for everyone. If you want to venture off on your own one day and do your own thing we can provide links to google maps of some of the great routes ahead of time.

Pace will be pretty brisk but no one should be left to far behind as we will wait at junctions where the route changes in order to reform the group which usually only takes a minute or two. This is NOT a contest to see who can ride the fastest. Our only request is that everybody that comes … comes with the attitude of “I’m going to ride my own ride” and stay within my comfort zone irregardless of the pace someone else may choose to ride. Each riding group will receive a brief safety briefing up front to ensure everyone is on the same page and feels comfortable with their group, route and the riding style.

Everything else is up to you. After all you’re a RAIDER you don’t need no one to hold your hand.

These motel’s below are located in Morrilton and near Bob’s @Monk house. No coordination or pre approved rates have been done so you’re on your own for making reservations, negotiating your own rate and being responsible for yourself.

Super 8
1818 Highway 9
Morrilton, AR 72110
(501) 354-8188

Holiday Inn Express & Suites
8 Bruce St
Morrilton, AR 72110
(501) 215-4924

Camping is also an option if you want to go that route. There are several options in the area …here are two suggestions to get you started.

Petit Jean State Park is near by and there’s camping there
Web Link for info : http://www.petitjeanstatepark.com/ac...g/default.aspx

KOA Kampground - Morrilton, Ar.
30 Kamper Ln
Morrilton, AR 72110
(501) 354-8262

Hope to see you there … If you have any questions you can post up in this thread or send a PM to either Bob @Monk or Donnie @Donnieontheroad. If meeting times for rides changes based on weather or heat index for given days updates will be posted in this thread. Usually it’s KSU at 7:00 a.m. Raiders always show up ready to rumble with a full tank of gas.

Want to know what it was like last year? Click this link to see the thread from last years event along with pictures and comments.

http://gl1800riders.com/forums/7-ri...ders-ride-morrilton-ar-aug-9-13th-2017-a.html

Let’s do this! Hope to see you there!

Donnie

————————————

Brought to you by the makers of the MRI comes another BaD (Bob and Donnie Inc.) production.

·
Arkansas Ridgerunner
3,978 Posts
Thanks Donnie for getting this out there!!!

My goal when working up the routes for this event (actually any ride I lead in Arkansas) is to get off the main roads. We will be spending as much time as possible on the good curvy roads in the Ozarks. And avoiding to the extent possible those used by the general population in their autos. It will not be unusual to run a good twisty road for 30 miles and not see anyone else on the road! I really like it that way!:thumbup:

That solitude will allow us to really enjoy ourselves and run a nice spirited pace. But to reinforce Donnie's words, there will not be any competition. The goal will be to establish a good space between bikes and have fun. It is a joy to run through these roads in a group of bikes and watch them glide through the turns!

If this sounds good to you, then come to Arkansas in August.

·
Registered
6,217 Posts
I wish that I lived a "tad" closer!!

Any chance to have the group take a slight detour, towards Massachusetts??

Ronnie

·
Registered
1,443 Posts
I wish that I lived a "tad" closer!!

Any chance to have the group take a slight detour, towards Massachusetts??

Ronnie
No way! I ride far enough to get there as it is! >:)

Reactions: revrunt

·
Registered
1,926 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Just to know exactly. 8 - 12th with 9th - 11th as main ride days are 8th and 12th 1/2 days? warm up and cool down days??

Do what you want on those days ... but most people will ...

Arrive on the 8th ... Ride together 3 full days 9, 10 & 11 ... Depart on the 12th.

Donnie

Reactions: Monk

·
Arkansas Ridgerunner
3,978 Posts
Just to know exactly. 8 - 12th with 9th - 11th as main ride days are 8th and 12th 1/2 days? warm up and cool down days??

The main full day riding will be on Thursday, Friday & Saturday (Aug 9-11) August 12 will be the ride back home day.

If Donnie rides down on the 8th, I may ride up to meet him somewhere in Northern Arkansas for the ride into Morrilton? If anyone else is here and wants to join that ride they will be welcome to do so.

Of course, anyone not able to attend all three days of riding are welcome to come for whatever time they can.

Reactions: revrunt

·
Arkansas Ridgerunner
3,978 Posts

One of the roads everyone seems to really enjoy is highway 125 in Missouri. With an interest in making the route a little more direct and still fun to do, I worked up the above for our Ride In.

It is about 80 miles shorter and includes the last ferry in Arkansas.

Maybe this will give all of us something to look forward to.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,443 Posts
Reservation made at Chateau De La Super 8. Might even have my Raiderette flying in for a couple of days. I'll need to back down on the pace on those days... :wink2:

·
Registered
165 Posts
Guys, I'll try to catch up and meet for lunch somewhere. Maybe Jasper or Oark :grin2:

I think that this will probably be my last summer of riding.:frown2: Hopefully I can meet up with
some good folks I've met over the years. Bob and Donnie, I will see you in August

Thanks Terry

·
Licensed Tooth Torturer
4,678 Posts
I’m in !

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Now, what about those other two goons that live close to you?

Tommy1 and Tommy....Also! Are you listening?

Make aware safely.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Arkansas Ridgerunner
3,978 Posts

Okay guys, @gwhobo and myself want you to know we got out today and checked this route. The things we have to do in order to make sure these routes meet the Raiders standards! It was almost WORK!! :joke:

There is one part of the route I want to change. I really don't like riding on highway 65 in the Harrison area. This route includes 14 miles of that, hopefully I will have another option before the Ride In!! :thumbup:

·
Registered
3,373 Posts
It looks like Thursday is on, but I’ll probably have to bail on Friday, noonish to be over by Muskogee for a conference that begins Friday night. You guys scouting on Tuesday or Wednesday? If so, I’d be a tag-along....

Looking forward to at least one day!

:thumbup:

Reactions: Arizona16 and Monk

·
Registered
727 Posts
Guys, I'll try to catch up and meet for lunch somewhere. Maybe Jasper or Oark :grin2:

I think that this will probably be my last summer of riding.:frown2: Hopefully I can meet up with
some good folks I've met over the years. Bob and Donnie, I will see you in August

Thanks Terry
Really looking forward to lunch and catching up a with you. Will Lisa be able to come.

1 - 20 of 157 Posts