GL1800Riders Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Young Buck
2,551 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What are others using for rain covers for gloves? This is one thing that I never seem to find a good solution for.

My neighbor has a pair of the "triple digit" rain covers that Aerostich sells, but at $47 a pair, they are a little more than I really want to pay.

I found these for $5.99. But I'm not thrilled with the mitten design.

·
Registered
4,863 Posts
Why not have some gloves that are waterproof and have a little more insulation material and are warmer for those times where a different set of gloves are really required? If you have leather gloves you can also apply occasional applications of Mink Oil (such as Kiwi's) from a local hardward store and it does a decent job to help your gloves withstand rain for short periods.

DaleC

·
Registered
53 Posts
I have used the triple digit from Aerostich for several years and they are well worth the money. I have ridden 300 miles in a downpour and gloves were dry, everything else including my feet through my waterproof boots was soaked.

·
Young Buck
2,551 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

·
Registered
9,099 Posts
class

thats what that was.....little class.....:lol:

·
Registered
21,144 Posts
I have a pair of wind and waterproof Harley gloves and they work great but they are a little to thick for summer comfort so I am still looking.

·
Resident BBQ Expert
13,862 Posts
these are a little more than 20 cents, but work very well down to like 45 degress.

i have a pair of tourmaster polar tex gloves. pretty flexable for being waterproof and also winter resistant. they fit very well, which a lot of gloves i tried on didnt.

they are in the $ 50 range, but coupled with the winter resistance they, offer good protection. it seems to me when it rains in our climate ,that it usualy gets much colder as you get wet.

loren

G

·
Just brought in the mail, and have the latest Duluth Trading catalog
http://www.DuluthTrading.com

(Check out their Winter-proof Talon Gloves for $29.99....Item #98987

"..completely waterproof and breathable....hands stay warm
and dry down to 0 degrees F....
palm has a second layer of anti-slip material that provides
complete control even when wet...pick up a single nail,
manipulate small parts...."

This may have possibilities, and the price isn't too bad.....

·
Registered
55 Posts
I think you will like this.. Check out the gloves at

www.motoport.com

They have the best and there leather and waterproof at about $25.00?

Call and ask for Wayne. Tell him Steve W sent you.

I just bought his custom made Ultra II Kevlar 2 piece Suite.

O'h and by the way I get a $20.00 for every glove sold!!! Just kidding...[/url]

·
Registered
2,625 Posts
Since the Big Anthrax attack, we can get all kinds of the real stretchable
gloves. Ya know the kind the DR. puts on before an exam ? Or the Dentist ? They don't last along time, but if you double them up it keeps the under gloves dry. And hey you can't beat the price ! :yes2:

·
Registered
347 Posts
Greetings,

I've always been a fan of Duluth Trading Gloves and have worn several pair out as work gloves....BUT

I got the Talons and was disappointed in them for use with the Wing. The design makes the material in the palm bunch up and that quickly becomes uncomfortable for riding any distance - and - they WON'T keep hands warm down to 40 much less 0.

I'll stick with my Joe Rockets for winter riding....or that nice pair of camo ones I have from Cabelas.

Rick Bailey
04 Candy Red
02 Sea Doo 4Tec

·
Registered
569 Posts
rain gloves

I use BMW GoreTex summer rain gloves in the summer, and a winter GoreTex or the Gerbing's electric glove for cold weather rain. I don't care much for covers over gloves.

The BMWs are a little over your price range though, I paid about $60 a pair for mine and the wife's.

·
Registered
615 Posts
Another easy to pack solution is the rubber kitchen cleaning gloves. And the latex gloves also work for a trip at a time. Joy

·
Registered
368 Posts
I got some rubber gloves at WalMart that are for handling paint stripping chemicals. They are a little heavier than dishwashing gloves. The extra large size fits over my regular gloves and go over the cuffs of my jacket and keep water from blowing up the sleeves. My Wing didn't cost $20,000 so I'm allowed to use the inexpensive stuff.

·
Registered
1,512 Posts
I'm another Triple Digit user. Yes they are pricey, but they work as advertized.

Admitteldly, they are hard to get used to wearing though. That three finger thins is kinda odd. Sometimes I forget to plug in my electrics prior to rolling, and usually I can get the plug in while moving with my regular gloves on; with the Triple Digits, it was pretty frustrating not being able to move all my fingers the way they wanted to go... :lol:

But they stay dry and that is what is important. And pack up small.

·
Registered
1,550 Posts
Yet another glove supplier

Try Gemplers (www.gemplers.com).

They are primarily a work clothes supplier. Look for their SealSkinz gloves.
Comfortable, look good, not too expensive.

Pat

·
Registered
226 Posts
i use the extra large rubber gloves...they work
thats all i care about...not price, not looks

1 - 20 of 21 Posts