GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
8,038 Posts
I use chrome insert wheel well molding that I got for the wheel well of course, and it works really well in a steady rain, keeping the water from coming back onto the inside of the shield, and was only $21 for a 20 foot roll instead of $13 per foot :shock:

You may be able to see it in the avatar.......

·
Registered
4,179 Posts
I went to Lowes and bought about 5' of 3/8ID clear tubing that I slit and put around my windshield. I hold it in place with a few small binder clips. Total cost about $3 and it stays coiled up in the CD compartment.

·
Registered
1,279 Posts

·
Registered
469 Posts
I went to Auto Zone and got some clear door edge guard, it already has the adhesive in the channel, cut to length and put it on. I just put it at the very top of my shield and it works great, not real noticable. Total cost about $3-4.;)

·
Canuck
2,826 Posts
FWIW, I had a used '84 Aspencade that came with with a metal decorative trim around the edge of the windshield. Not a rain gutter. Found it it to be an annoyance as it often was in my line of view when I had the windshield at the height I liked. It looked nice, but I ended up removing it.

·
Registered
89 Posts
I had it on my 1500 and it worked well. If you like to look over the shield it may be in your line of sight. I keep my windshield all the way up and look thru it so it worked for me. I haven't put it on my 1800 w/F4, yet.

·
Registered
796 Posts
I can't believe they are still selling this idea! I had it as a factory product on my 1983 BMW R100RT. As far as I'm concerned it's noisy, in the way visually and not worth much. I'm surprised someone is still selling this idea. For a product that's more than 25 years old I don't see any advantage at all. I wouldn't use it on my wing for anything!

·
Registered
20,952 Posts
FWIW, I had a used '84 Aspencade that came with with a metal decorative trim around the edge of the windshield. Not a rain gutter. Found it it to be an annoyance as it often was in my line of view when I had the windshield at the height I liked. It looked nice, but I ended up removing it.
:agree: had a 1500 with it, it was ok when it wasn't raining but when it was raining the thing was in my line of sight

why are they still selling it ? because it sounds like a great idea so folks buy it, its one of those things where even though lots of folks say save your money there will still b folks buying it, one of those learn the hard way things

·
Registered
4,447 Posts

I had the same problem--took the trim off the windsheid.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts