GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
595 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking for a two piece rain suite with full zip legs for my wife. I know HD sells them but she would prefer to not have the jacket with the HD emblem on the back. Anyone know of a brand that is motorcycle specific that has the full zip legs?

Thanks

Mike

·
Registered
119 Posts
I'm looking for a two piece rain suite with full zip legs for my wife. I know HD sells them but she would prefer to not have the jacket with the HD emblem on the back. Anyone know of a brand that is motorcycle specific that has the full zip legs?

Thanks

Mike

Might consider these http://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/frogg-toggs-toadskinz-rain-pant. I have an earlier version that I like a lot. I am not a huge fan of zippers on rainsuits since they tend to be a leak point, but I don't want to have take off my boots to get them on. One hint. Keep a couple of old plastic grocery bags in your rain gear bag. Put them over your boots and your boots will slide through the pants easily.

·
Registered
3,610 Posts

Thanks

Mike
Aerostitch AD-1 Gore-Tex pants. Full Zip......Fit like jeans.....look great in black......and the riders crotch will not leak even while sitting in a puddle.

http://www.aerostich.com/jackets-pants/ad1

Frogg Toggs hi viz Highway Toads jacket....new, heavy, and improved......I've ridden all day in the rain with no problems......larger cuffs allow gloves with gaultlets to be put on before the jacket.

http://www.froggtoggsraingear.com/HighwayToadz.shtm

All Frogg Togg pants suck to high heaven, even the expensive ones.

gramps

·
Registered
3,187 Posts
Aerostitch AD-1 Gore-Tex pants. Full Zip......Fit like jeans.....look great in black......and the riders crotch will not leak even while sitting in a puddle.

http://www.aerostich.com/jackets-pants/ad1

Frogg Toggs hi viz Highway Toads jacket....new, heavy, and improved......I've ridden all day in the rain with no problems......larger cuffs allow gloves with gaultlets to be put on before the jacket.

http://www.froggtoggsraingear.com/HighwayToadz.shtm

All Frogg Togg pants suck to high heaven, even the expensive ones.

gramps
I'll add.....all rain gear sucks :).

Think outside the box: When do you need rain gear? Only when riding in cold rain, all other times if you keep your skin dry all the rain does is cool you off. Enter the broken record :), a good riding suit that does not absorb water such as one made with Kevlar used with LDComfort under (LDC keeps your skin dry) and there is no need for a rain suit. Think, no more struggling on the side of the road trying to put a rain suit over your riding gear, sweating in it after the rain stops, and struggling out of it on the side of the road when the sweating gets to be too much. Besides it is great fun to watch the spectacle of the rain suit folks as you ride pass. I think the last time I used rain gear was three or four years ago when I tried a New Years 50CC and was rained, nighted, and colded out in San Antonio. Unless you plan on doing mid Winter 50CCs lose the rain gear and save space in your trunk or sidebags plus ride in greater comfort.

·
Registered
1,284 Posts
Bought my first real rain gear at the local Harley shop when I got my first 1500 in 93, the pants and jacket cost $125.00 thought I had something good here. After buying the suit, the salesman said," now that you have a good rain suit, you should buy a good......." he hesitated but I knew where he was going. Well, the out fit was junk. The jacket zipper was not water proof and the crouch in the pants leaked major extreme putting me in a rather embarrassing situation at one very important time. Barry

·
Registered
801 Posts
I use Tourmaster Sentinal

Not a "full zipper" but pretty high. Rode over 700 miles over 2 days in pouring rain in May on a trip to Texas. Not a drop got through. Has a hood that goes under the helmet so water doesn't drip down your back. Vents under the arms so you can get some ventilation on hot days. Folds up pretty small for storage. Got the hi-viz yellow jacket with reflective tape for good visability. Lots of pockets for storage (they are waterproof too). www.motorcyclegear.com

·
Registered
3,610 Posts
I'll add.....all rain gear sucks :).

a good riding suit that does not absorb water such as one made with Kevlar used with LDComfort under (LDC keeps your skin dry) and there is no need for a rain suit. Think, no more struggling on the side of the road trying to put a rain suit over your riding gear, sweating in it after the rain stops, and struggling out of it on the side of the road when the sweating gets to be too much.
Good points Ken. If I already did not have so many different jackets and pants, I would get an Aerostitch one piece suit. I have talked to our friend Z and he endorses the "stitch" to the hilt.

gramps

·
Registered
3,187 Posts
Good points Ken. If I already did not have so many different jackets and pants, I would get an Aerostitch one piece suit. I have talked to our friend Z and he endorses the "stitch" to the hilt.

gramps
Gramps,

Get a "Stitch" or a Motoport...if you like a body bag get the Stitch if not get the Motoport. Put your LDC under and you can ditch most of your other riding gear.

BTW,it has been all I can do to resist posting on the "What to take on a four week trip" thread. Overnight or coast to coast my kit is the same and it all fits in a small knapsack, a grade school book bag. LDC and Motoport are the main reason I can get away with a minimum kit but I figure why bother, most of us carry too much "stuff" and know no other way and I'd guess most do not want to know.

ken

·
Registered
5,260 Posts
Gramps,

Get a "Stitch" or a Motoport...if you like a body bag get the Stitch if not get the Motoport. Put your LDC under and you can ditch most of your other riding gear.

BTW,it has been all I can do to resist posting on the "What to take on a four week trip" thread. Overnight or coast to coast my kit is the same and it all fits in a small knapsack, a grade school book bag. LDC and Motoport are the main reason I can get away with a minimum kit but I figure why bother, most of us carry too much "stuff" and know no other way and I'd guess most do not want to know.

ken
What little bit I carry (one saddlebag) still seem to be too much. Nekkid next?

·
Registered
3,686 Posts
Aerostich Roadcrafter one piece. Had it over 20 years now and haven't been wet since I bought it. LDC is a newer acquisition for me and this is almost as good a tip as buying a Roadcrafter in the first place.

·
Registered
595 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks for the input

I'll run this information by her and see what she thinks. As you know, she needs to be happy!

·
Registered
2,175 Posts
Minor Hijak

Aerostich Roadcrafter one piece. Had it over 20 years now and haven't been wet since I bought it. LDC is a newer acquisition for me and this is almost as good a tip as buying a Roadcrafter in the first place.
For those of you that wear the one piece suits what do you do when you stop at a restaurant or something? If you only have the LD comfort on underneath during the summer do you go inside with the suit on?

I'm contemplating getting the Aerostitch Darrien jacket as it seems it would be more versatile than a one piece suit but I also know lots of LD riders wear the Roadcrafter one piece. What am I missing?

Thank you,
Dan

·
Registered
107 Posts
Great question, in the summer I use a RC jacket and ad1 trousers so I can ditch the jacket and wear the AD1 and LD tshirt at long stops. In the winter I use a RC suit...if I have to wear trouser's where I am going I wear a pair of REI LW microfiber trousers, here is an similar from the stich site;

http://www.aerostich.com/clothing/clothing/microfiber-clothing

·
Registered
9 Posts
Looking for a waterproof overglove.

Have a full set of heated gear, last year got caught in a heavy rain storm in Nev. will be taking a long multi day ride in Jan of 2015. would love to get a pair of water proof over gloves. not looking to spend a lot of cash, will only use them once or twice a year (I hope):?. will be going to a motocycle show this weekend so any info before would really help. thanks again.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts