GL1800Riders Forums banner

21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
1,392 Posts
Read somewhere if you put a plastic grocery sack over your boot before you put on the Frog Tog Pants, they go on smooth.

Of course, take the sack off the boot when you're done, unless, perhaps, you don't have waterproof boots! :lol:

·
Registered
76 Posts
I do my rain riding in a Nelson-Riggs two-piece suit. It is good quality material and plenty comfortable. I wish it had more reflective strips than what it has, but that's a small complaint.
The N-R suit does not stow into as small of a space as what a Frogg-Togg will. That is why I may try a Frogg-Togg the next time I get a suit. By the looks of it this N-R will last quite some time.

My favorite way to handle the rain? Curl up with the wifey, of course. That beats the beans out of getting out and riding in the rain.

FishinfrednNyra said:
Just would like to get some opinions on what we should buy for rain gear
Are frog toggs a good way to go or do you recommend a rain suit ( coverall type) or what is your favorite way to handle the rain ??
Fishinfred

·
Registered
2,625 Posts
loren said:
well heres one no vote on frogg toggs

i have a nice pair of them and they suck

they are fine when it rains only a little

but when it acyualy rains

they fail every time

and the worst part is that the neck area doesnt have any way to make it cinch up, or tighten

this allows rain to get down the front of a shirt

and yes i tried them on befor ei purchased them

even got a different size top and bottom to fit me better

also they are very hard to get on

since the legs dont open very far at all

seeing as how most rain gear is put on under a bridge, or on the side of the road

its very hard to get on

if i put them on at the motel in the morning, before the boots go on, its much easier

but them i still get wet from the nonbreathing material

i perspire like a stuck razorback

many things mentioned on the board get a free pass as being great

frogg toggs are generaly held in that status

they didnt impress me at all
I agree !.........Do yourself a favor and go to a major hunting store, Cabelas,Gander mountain etc. They have many differant types ? Colors etc. Don't spare the cost of a "Good" Two piece rain suit. There worth there weight in gold.......... :)

·
Registered
676 Posts
Aerostitch Darien jacket in high vis lime and darien pants. Nasty weather is exactly when you need to be most visible. These are very waterproof when maintained correctly. The excellent abrasion protection is darn nice as well.

S

·
0 Posts
Here is another :no: for Sogg Toggs , aside from looking like a tie die job left over from Woodstock , they leak and wear poorly .
I suppose if you never ride in the rain and get caught in the odd sprinkle then they are better then nothing but barely.

We ride with the two piece AeroStitch Darien , but they are big and bulky(nicely waterproof) . If we are going on a short run , we will wear the AeroStitch pants with a mesh jacket and liner and hope for the best . We also ALWAYS carry our Gerbings stuff as well .
:)

·
Registered
3,678 Posts
Strider said:
Here is another :no: for Sogg Toggs , aside from looking like a tie die job left over from Woodstock , they leak and wear poorly .
I suppose if you never ride in the rain and get caught in the odd sprinkle then they are better then nothing but barely.

We ride with the two piece AeroStitch Darien , but they are big and bulky(nicely waterproof) . If we are going on a short run , we will wear the AeroStitch pants with a mesh jacket and liner and hope for the best . We also ALWAYS carry our Gerbings stuff as well .
:)
I find this very interesting...you wear your liners all the time?...I guess if I know its going to rain all day...I wear my Motoport Ultra II Kevlar with waterproof liner....but if its a rain storm that I come upon....I don't spend the time on the side of the road to STRIP and put my liners on...so I have the Frogg Togg Road Toads to put on quickly...guess we MUST clarify our answers...JMHO

·
Registered
195 Posts
My wife and I have used frogg toggs for 3 years now and never had a problem and we have been through some pretty rough storms on I 40 . I just bought us the motorcycle suits that they sell now, elite suit, it is a different material than the original , doesn't look like paper and seems to be a litle more durable. As far as looks, I don't care what I look like when it is raining, I just want to be dry and not sweating to death in a hot rain suit. mdh

S

·
0 Posts
Jerry said;
I find this very interesting...you wear your liners all the time?...I guess if I know its going to rain all day...I wear my Motoport Ultra II Kevlar with waterproof liner....but if its a rain storm that I come upon....I don't spend the time on the side of the road to STRIP and put my liners on...so I have the Frogg Togg Road Toads to put on quickly...guess we MUST clarify our answers...JMHO
:lol: You don't know my wife , she would have the heat on even through the desert . She wears her liners 90 of the time , I usually start off with them and peel them off after a bit unless we know there is a storm abrewing , then we wish we had our Stitch . :)
Just to help clarify the "liners" , we have liners in our Mesh Techs and we also have the Gerbings heated liners as well . She wears both , I don't like the Mesh Tech liners , they hold moisture in and I feel soggy in them , yet I can and do wear the Grebings underneath and have no problem .
If we get caught with this set up in the rain , my wife sits in her "sauna" set up while I just may ride through the rain as is , or pull over and put the Mesh Tech liners in . Our Stitch pants are always good to go .
It's not ideal , but works , I would rather be a little too hot , then freezing cold and wet . Been there done that . :cry:

Sorry I wan't clear the first time around , hope this helps . :)

21 - 28 of 28 Posts