GL1800Riders Forums banner

Rain Gloves

4K views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  Mr. Hondamatic 
#1 ·
I need a good pair of gloves (gauntlets) that stay dry in the rain. Any advice?
...gene

#5 ·
Alpinestars

I wore a pair of Alpinestars that had the knuckle guard pulled off when I hit a bus. It did not rip the Goretex, so I glued the knuckle back on and it worked perfectly. I still have these gloves and they still work fine. But in the mean time, I purchased another pair like this:

Product Bumper Automotive exterior Auto part Gun

http://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/alpinestars-jet-road-gore-tex-gloves

I love these gloves!!! They have an exterior liner, you fold over to reveal the under liner. You pull your jacket over the under liner and tighten, then pull the exterior gauntlet of the glove over the jacket. This forms a complete barrier to rain, wind and cold. They also have these little drain holes on the cuffs that allow the water that drains down from your jacket when you put your arms down to leave the cuff of the glove. These are well thought out gloves. Yes, they are expensive, but nothing is worse than cold, wet hands on a long trip. Spending days trying to dry out your gloves on the heater and never succeeding. I have never had these leak.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.