GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
758 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for help with a certain kind of rain pants.

i own frog toggs right now but am looking at a bib type pant made by Icon known as the PDX series, they come in high viz, which I like. Is anyone familiar/own these type of rain pants? They seem to get great reviews but I'm curious as to how well they hold up and the sizing of them.

my son also has Tour Master Elite series 2 pants, non bib, non hi viz, XXL......down side is that the zipper does not go all the way up the leg......harder to put on but they do have a reinforced A$$ panel that Icons don't have and they are half the price........

any input would be very much appreciated!

cheers.

·
Registered
5,698 Posts
I have the Tourmaster Sentinel rain pants and jacket, they kept me dry the few times I've worn them. YMMV

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
Try REI Outfitters. They handle several types. The pants I have are zipped like chaps. Easy on and off. Can't remember name brand, but are soft material and wear very well. After 5 years still no leaks.

·
Registered
2,689 Posts
Try REI Outfitters. They handle several types. The pants I have are zipped like chaps. Easy on and off. Can't remember name brand, but are soft material and wear very well. After 5 years still no leaks.
Marmot PreCip Full-Zip Rain Pants

·
Registered
758 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the REI info, I'll look at those but have some concerns about how well they hold up.......I don't think they're supposed to be rain tested at 60 mph! :lol: I don't think hikers can go that fast unless they're being chased by a bear!

The other thing about those is that there are no suspenders or stirrups, suppose I could buy suspenders, stirrups might be more problematic.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts