GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
367 Posts
I use Honda's Spray Cleaner on everything, but just recently got some RainZip, which is made for plastic windshields. I thought I would give that a try since I wasn't all that impressed with the Honda spray as a rain repellent on the windshield. Works great as a cleaner, tho. I just put the RainZip on the windshield today for my up coming trip, so I can't tell you yet how well RainZip works. You can get it from DLP or Wingstuff.

·
Banned
8,220 Posts
I use Honda's Spray Cleaner on everything, but just recently got some RainZip, which is made for plastic windshields. I thought I would give that a try since I wasn't all that impressed with the Honda spray as a rain repellent on the windshield. Works great as a cleaner, tho. I just put the RainZip on the windshield today for my up coming trip, so I can't tell you yet how well RainZip works. You can get it from DLP or Wingstuff.
RainZip is awesome stuff. I use it on my V-Stream SE and it sheds water like crazy. Lasts quite awhile too.

·
Registered
4,048 Posts
There's an anti-scratch coating on the windshield and many products will cause it to degrade. Try to get a product that's made for plastic. Personally, I just use Plexus.

·
Banned
146 Posts
I have been using "rainmagic" since last long trip It works and does not wash off even after 6 straight days of rain at "highway speeds" and 4000 miles,, It states it is for use on lexan. plastic and can be used on aircraft windshields too. So it should be good for Rail and haulinthemail and his brother.. since all 3 of them think their wings are just very VERY low flying airplanes,

·
Registered
141 Posts
I second the motion for RainZip. Good stuff that works very well. You can use it on your headlights too.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts