GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am about to mount pontoons and a paddle wheel on the back of the wing, this is getting way past ridiculous. Driveway, yard and roads to my house are all soupy.:shrug::cus:

·
Registered
567 Posts
up here in Tulsa County and Rogers county where I am, the rivers are overflowing the banks.

if you read the news, we lost a Claremore Firefighter in a flood zone, trying to help another FF who was about to go downstream in the river.....

what I don't get is, why did either of them go into running water without a safety line attached?

I have water flowing across my driveway an inch deep and about 30 feet across heading downhill to join the rest of the flooded drainage ditches.... I have 6 acres of land around me that I mow, and 2 square miles of higher up farm land that is giving me a lot of water to deal with.

·
Registered
132 Posts
I live in Guthrie and we had the Cottonwood Creek come out of its banks Sunday night but by about 3pm today it was back in its banks, They are calling for more tomorrow it sounds like maybe they will be wrong...
Hope everone stays safe

·
Registered
1,659 Posts
Our group of 5 is planning on riding the Talimena Scenic Drive next Tues starting at Mena, AR. Is that area impacted by the heavy rains?

·
Registered
370 Posts
Our group of 5 is planning on riding the Talimena Scenic Drive next Tues starting at Mena, AR. Is that area impacted by the heavy rains?
Much of eastern Oklahoma is under flood warnings for the rest of this week so I would pay close attention to the weather and call ahead to check. Even if the Drive itself is good, some of the roads you would take to get there may be affected by water so plan carefully.

·
Arkansas Ridgerunner
3,878 Posts
Don't know anything about your route, but I would assume you will be traveling through Arkansas. At this time we don't have any major highways under water in that area. We are getting a lot of rain, but nothing like the amounts that Okalohoma and Texas are getting.

If you have a smart phone, Arkansas DOT has an APP that gives information about construction, flooded or closed highways, etc. It is called IDrive Arkansas. I believe the information can also be accessed with a computer at: http://www.idrivearkansas.com/

1 - 7 of 7 Posts