GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 20 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for the recommendations for raingear/equipment, etc.

·
Registered
841 Posts
I have the Frog togs and I like them. I can put them over my leather jacket and chaps without them being two tight and I stay warm and dry.

·
Registered
509 Posts
Frogg Toggs for this guy, too. Mine are about worn out after several years and am looking for anothe rpair or perhaps the Road Toads.
The Toggs have saved me more than once when a dry cold front came in a little early and they kept me warm.

·
Registered
902 Posts
Don't buy the Nelson Riggs. The zippers on the lower legs almost always catch the inner leg expansion material and it makes it next to impossible to unzip.

·
Registered
132 Posts

·
Squating Member
7,058 Posts
We too have the Froggs, light weight, not hot in the summer....easy storage.....inexpensive...shop aroung, should be able to find them for around 30.00 or a little more, bought off ebay before.

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Sizing?

How is the fitting on the recommended sizing on theses frogg toggs and Tourmaster? is it accurate?

·
Registered
19,060 Posts
I too have the poor mans rain wear=Frogg Toggs

·
Registered
443 Posts
I went cheap got mine a Walmart. Stearns brand name had them for 2 years now still no problem. Can get jacket and pants for $50. My wife uses her jacket as a wind breaker. She has wore it more than I have with no problem. But for sure go with Stearns, the cheaper ones at walmart won't last.

·
Registered
20,952 Posts
i don't carry much extra gear for rain because my normal jacket and pants are waterproof

·
Love The DCT
11,795 Posts
Looking for the recommendations for raingear/equipment, etc.
I have the Tourmaster Elite two piece suit, blk pants, bright yellow/blk jacket for visibility. Lots of pockets for storage in jacket. Well made and picked it up on sale, 70 bucks.

·
Registered
800 Posts
Tourmaster Sentinels for us, sizes are accurate, get next size up to wear over jacket.

·
Registered
4,364 Posts
I went cheap got mine a Walmart. Stearns brand name had them for 2 years now still no problem. Can get jacket and pants for $50. My wife uses her jacket as a wind breaker. She has wore it more than I have with no problem. But for sure go with Stearns, the cheaper ones at walmart won't last.
This is what I wear also, but not because I'm cheap, I wear them
because I've spent over a thousand dollars on everything out
there and none of them worked except the Stearns...

I love them...

1 - 20 of 63 Posts