GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For the collective,

Has anybody used this product? Experience? Comments?

http://rainmagic.com/

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
4,092 Posts
It's not needed. Keep the windshield clean and waxed. No special magic required. Most of those who ride in the Pacific Northwet ride using windshields that can be looked over. Then it is just a matter of keeping your visor clean. Simple works...

·
Registered
41 Posts
I've been using meguiars plastic cleaner which seems to work good. Has anybody had any problems with these types of plastic cleaners on the wing wind screens?

·
Registered
189 Posts
Whatever wax I use on my bike, goes on the windshield.. .water rolls right off and makes
your bike more aero

Right now, I'm liking the Turtle Wax Ice

·
Registered
529 Posts
It's not needed. Keep the windshield clean and waxed. No special magic required. Most of those who ride in the Pacific Northwet ride using windshields that can be looked over. Then it is just a matter of keeping your visor clean. Simple works...
I've been using meguiars plastic cleaner which seems to work good. Has anybody had any problems with these types of plastic cleaners on the wing wind screens?
Whatever wax I use on my bike, goes on the windshield.. .water rolls right off and makes
your bike more aero

Even with an F4 Custom windshield?

·
Registered
133 Posts
Honda cleaners

I'm hooked on Honda (original) spray cleaner for whole bike cleaning and easy bug removal and I also use Honda (GLARE) polish once in awhile on the whole front end of bike and windshield great product also, a little pricey but sheds rain well and bugs come off better too.

·
Registered
115 Posts

+1

Seems to work great although being in California, I don't know what this thing is you call.... "rain" ??? :?

·
Registered
5,897 Posts

·
Registered
1,415 Posts
Does the rainzip or rain magic work better than Rain-x? I have a F-4 shield so can use whichever one works best with no worries

·
Registered
460 Posts
Bike polish

Just after I bought my Wing in 08 I read an article on Web Bike World about Glare bike polish. They say its amazing stuff so I bought a bottle and sure enough the 5 year protection is not false advertising. They guarantee it for 5 years.

My bike still beads up when wet just like any fresh wax job. It is expensive but the degree of protection and the 5 years between applications makes it worth the price.

It works on windscreens, face shields etc.

Ed

·
Registered
5,897 Posts
Does the rainzip or rain magic work better than Rain-x? I have a F-4 shield so can use whichever one works best with no worries

rain x is not for plastic as I understand is only for glass and will damage coatings

rain zip made for plastic and had very god luck with it and notice a big difference over wax. that little will do about 50 coatings and made need to use if you are riding on a trip every day and clean windshield with water everyday you will need to recoat once a week. for best performance.

·
Registered
343 Posts
According to F4 website any of the "X" cleaners are OK on F4 windshields. I use Rain X on my F 4 and works great. Oh yea the site specifically says Rain X is ok to use on F4 windshields.

·
Registered
483 Posts
your bike more aero

I have used Ice for the last several years on my trucks and really like how it performs. It keeps the paint, black plastic and all vinyl parts looking factory fresh.:nojoke:
Most wax are safe for plastics and glass, I even put wax on my
truck windshield, I rarely use my wipers
I never thought to use it on the windshield. I will have to try that as besides water shedding, it might even make it easier to remove the bug guts. Thanks for the tip!:bow:

·
Registered
628 Posts
I've been using it for sometime now and it works well for me and Living in Florida you know we have some real frog strangelers here. Sometimes it rains so hard it doesn't matter what you have on your windshield. At those times you start looking for shelter.

LAW

·
Registered
136 Posts
I've used Rain X on my F4 once and had a problem with small beading in rain at slow speeds. It was like riding in a fog or haze, had to look over the top of the windshield. At faster speeds the rain would do like it does on a car and travel up the windshield. Haven't applied it again.

https://www.f4customs.com/index.php?route=information/faq
[h=3]Frequently Asked Questions
How do I clean my new F4 windshield?[/h] F4 Customs windshields solve the daunting problem that is as old as the industry itself: “How do I clean my windshield without scratching or damaging it with the wrong rags and chemicals?” Easy – with F4 Customs windshields, simply use paper towels and standard glass cleaner. That’s right, the infamous X’s (Windex® and Rain-X®) are no longer off limits! To watch a video on care instructions,

1 - 20 of 28 Posts