GL1800Riders Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Not to hijack here, but I was actually interested if there's any kind of product to LOWER the rear floorboards. Wife has tried the Kury transformer boards with the swing up peg, but says they don't work for her and would prefer some way to get more leg stretch outwards or downwards or both. Up is not the answer it seems. Rivco's adjustable boards seem the closest thing, but adjustment in this direction is inconclusive from reviews I've read. Any input appreciated...

(Sorry if I butted in Angus :wink: )

·
Registered
4,613 Posts
Reddwing said:
Not to hijack here, but I was actually interested if there's any kind of product to LOWER the rear floorboards. Wife has tried the Kury transformer boards with the swing up peg, but says they don't work for her and would prefer some way to get more leg stretch outwards or downwards or both. Up is not the answer it seems. Rivco's adjustable boards seem the closest thing, but adjustment in this direction is inconclusive from reviews I've read. Any input appreciated...

There's no product out there. I rigged something up once to see if it could be done. I think it could but it would involve a lot of juryrigging and it might not support much weight. It involves using the Rivco risers upside down with spacers of some sort to get them out far enough to clear the exhausts.

·
Registered
130 Posts
ddking said:
Reddwing said:

There's no product out there. I rigged something up once to see if it could be done. I think it could but it would involve a lot of juryrigging and it might not support much weight. It involves using the Rivco risers upside down with spacers of some sort to get them out far enough to clear the exhausts.
Thanks DD,

I surmised as much. However, in talking to the folks at Wingstuff just now, who had an 1800 on the floor with the Rivcos on it, it seems there is something on the order of 2" +/- of adjustment down and forward possible. Guess I'll spring for 'em and see... :D

·
Registered
2,270 Posts
ddking said:
http://www.hondadirectlineusa.com/stores/product.asp?pid=2371&str=4&ID=716128053

I hace these on our 05 and wife loves them. Must loosen up or remove to tske off side covets though.

·
Registered
2,367 Posts
1 - 8 of 8 Posts