GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am planning a trip to the Rally in Ruidoso N.M.from Virginia Beach next Sept. 12th Would like to extend the trip to Frisco and ride the PCH.any suggestions.like the best part of the PCH to ride.Like to go from LA to Frisco to Sequoia National park to Jackson Hole to Yellowstone then back to Virginia Beach.Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.How is the weather up North that time of year.

·
Registered
233 Posts
Jim, don't know anything about the Pacific Coast Highway, but hope to see you in Ruidoso. We are there every year. There is alot of beautiful scenery and historic places to visit/see near there. Places like Billy the Kid's hideouts and stomping grounds, Roswell, New Mexico. Among many other nice places to see. Oh, by the way, beautiful Wing you have, we have one just like it.

·
Registered
37 Posts
We rode South from Fort Bragg North of SF to San Luis Obispo last year. Great ride. Parts of the PCH can be challenging. Its hard to enjoy the twisties and look at the fabulous scenery without driving off a cliff.

You can't go wrong. I remember Hwy 20 between Fort Bragg and Willits is twisty and a whole lot of fun. We did Sequoia and Yosemite on the way back. The whole state is loaded with scenic routes.

There's some guy in CA (Pashnit or something like that) that has a complete website dedicated to California roads. Check it out. He know his stuff. You will have a great ride.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Forgot to mention we went Sept. 15 in 05 the weather was generally cool along the PCH. Perfect motorcycle weather probably 60?. I wore a jacket and jeans most of the time. We ran in and out of fog and got sprinkled on a couple of times. Lots of sunshine too.

No winter gear but I'm sure I don't need to tell you to have it handy.

We did Yellowstone and Jackson Hole this year (Sept 15). We had days with full winter gear (lined pants and jacket) and days with light gear.

If you're taking a trip that far expect to see a little of everything weatherwise.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts