GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally finished my GPS mount. Turned out pretty well. It was way to labor intensive, but that is the story of my life.

·
Registered
1,512 Posts
Nice looking, clean install.

Would be a good place for am XM cradle or something... but I'd think it would be pretty low for GPS use... at least for me.

Thanks for sharing the pics!!

·
Registered
146 Posts
Very nice work! That's an impressively clean looking install.

I tested my GPS down there for a few trips and didn't like it. My helmet's chin bar prevented a glance without dropping my sightline, so I moved it up to the dash. But your mount looks so good, I think I should find something to mount down there!

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Mike and Chris,

I wanted to mount it on the dash, but I have a 2004 and the windshield vent is in the way. I tried it on the handlebar by the clutch reservoir and it was too high and too close. My Valk is set up for it to set just above the handlebar clamp cover and it worked great, so the view on the wing will be similar to what I'm used to seeing.

·
Registered
307 Posts
looks great

Wow! Great :idea: Any chance that you will make another one or more for sale to us less talented handy men? I'd love to have one.

·
Registered
4,863 Posts
Great job on your install. It looks like the bike came that way. I have my Delphi XM unit there, but like your setup much much better than how I anchored mine. Just how much time did you have invested in that project, beginning to end? Do you have a list of materials and items needed?

DaleC

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
Shooter
Really first class installation. If you would consider making another one,
(with dumbed-down install instructions), I would love to buy one from you for my 2001 yellow abs. Just name your price. I am totally serious.
I might even put a Delphi satalite radio unit there.
Pete

·
Registered
4 Posts
Very clean professional looking mount.

I have purchased the RAM parts to mount up by the clutch lever. I have the 2610 model.

With your mounted in from of your Radio/CB/Intercom display, does cover display from the drivers seat?

I would really like to get mine mounted up above the speedmeter, but I have a Tulsa style of windshield and haven't found a mount that works.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts