GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
476 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was at a trade show yesterday and discovered a good source for Ram mounts. The website is: http://mobilecx.com/ I have been looking for a good mount for the Garmin IQUE 3600. They had several choices and the one I picked was only $29.95. It is hard to find any mount for the IQUE I was suprised they had so many options. They also have other mounts such as the other GPS units.
I am not affliated with the company, just passing on information.
:blw1:

·
Resident BBQ Expert
13,862 Posts
great site with lots of pictures for actually seeing what your getting.

cycle gadgets .com has a very nice ram mount that uses the two bolts that hold the clutch assembly on. its about $ 30, bolts on in minutes,fits great, hard to even notice it.

allows the use of two 1 inch ram balls. i have my ique mounted on the top one, optional second ball could be for cup holder etc.

this would also hold a xm radio mount easily and in the correct viewing area.

thought i would pass that along for anyone who is lookig for more mounting areas.

loren

·
Registered
762 Posts
Got a question for you iQue gurus...

Thanks for the info guys. I recently bought an iQue. I inquired to Cycle Gadgets what I needed to mount it on my GL1800. They responded that they had all I needed (don't have the parts list handy) including the handlebar mount that Loren mentions and probably the same cradle as shown at mobilecx.com, with RAM parts in between.

Now, my question is, where can I get a power/audio harness? Kennedy sells an interface to inject the audio from the iQue into the intercom, but Kennedy uses the headset jack on the iQue, rather than the Palm Universal Connector. As we all know, the iQue will die after two hours unless it's plugged in. Does anyone supply a power connector that includes the audio connection? I hate having to plug/unplug more than one connector into the iQue when one connector will do. I believe the audio output on the Universal Connector is fixed (ie, line output) and want to couple that to Kennedy's SingleSet.

Thanks for any help,
Arthur
'03 candy orange
VA3BIT

·
Registered
476 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I attached a picture of a minisync cable. You could probably splice in the audio and use the minisync with a usb converter to provide power. The challenge is to figure out which wires are the audio.

I also attached a picture of the ram mount. Base, short arm and IQUE holder all for $29.95. Lorens base looks better, but it is more expensive

Here is the minsync available from boxwave
http://boxwave.com

·
Resident BBQ Expert
13,862 Posts
i just installed my first ram devices. one on my wing and on in my gran prix, to be able to swap the gps very easily.

i am amazed how well they work. both are able to adjust to almost any angle. transfering the gps is a one minute task.

yes they are a bit pricey, but in this product, you do get what you pay for.

loren

·
Registered
1 Posts
Just ordered my xm radio mount yesterday cant wait to get it.The salesman I talked to was very nice, would recomend cyclegadgets to anyone.This is my first post on this board. :lol:

G

·
0 Posts
Hey Loren, what are you going to use for a power lead? Both on the bike and car. I'm going to get the same setup as you for car and bike and was just wondering what you did for power. I've heard Kennedy has some stuff, also heard that Lewis at EC carries some stuff to make it plug into the power connector under the left box. Lewis, if you're listening, do you know what I'm talking about?

·
Registered
1,512 Posts
bigbird533 said:
Just ordered my xm radio mount yesterday cant wait to get it.The salesman I talked to was very nice, would recomend cyclegadgets to anyone.This is my first post on this board. :lol:
Welcome to the board!!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts