GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,183 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
SCRC Chapter # 173 North Jersey won the Award for the "Most Represented Club" @ the Ramapo 500 over this weekend, it was a good ride all the way around, nice campground, & we'll do it next year also..

Pat G. 1st Officer Chapter #173

Reactions: cycledude

·
Registered
463 Posts

Reactions: cycledude

·
IronMan
17,463 Posts
CONGRATS !!:congrats::congrats:

·
Registered
463 Posts
We won best represented club again this year!

·
Registered
61 Posts
We won best represented club again this year!
Congratulations! I saw you guys accept the award during the dinner at the pavilion. I may need to join you on a ride one of these days. How did you make out when you came across the road closure? Did you just follow the detour signs? Here's a couple of pictures. I especially like the one of the sign by the pool. There is no more common sense in the world anymore.

Attachments

·
Registered
463 Posts
Congratulations! I saw you guys accept the award during the dinner at the pavilion. I may need to join you on a ride one of these days. How did you make out when you came across the road closure? Did you just follow the detour signs? Here's a couple of pictures. I especially like the one of the sign by the pool. There is no more common sense in the world anymore.
So, first of all I tried riding past the closure sign figuring maybe the route turned before the closure. It didnt. I rode right up to where the road was completely gone. Quite a sight. I should have taken a photo. After we backtracked back to the main road we SHOULD have followed the detour but decided to follow the GPS's recalculated route. That was fun. Several miles of dirt/gravel until we finally got back on track. Made it to Rhodes about 3:45.

You're welcome to ride with us anytime. Checkout our ride calendar on our Chapter website at http://www.scrc173.com

1 - 6 of 6 Posts