GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am planning a trip .I will send my bike over to rapid city ( i hope to arrange that ) and then want to ride to the park . il will be gone about 9 days ..
can someone suggest roads( no interstate ) and also suggest things to see on the way

Also i plan to go next august ,but will reservation be needed for hotel apart fron yellowstone ...

i thing salt lake city could be included but have to come back to rapid city ..

Any help will be appreciated..

I hope to have the bike taken in Syracuse (closest city from ottawa ) and ship it to south dakota

·
Registered
949 Posts
If you have MS Streets & Trips, PM me with your email address and I'll send you a file of a route to consider.

·
Registered
3,767 Posts
Run over to Cody and tour out of there.
Take I-90 over to Buffalo, Wy and then Hy 16 to Worland, 16/20 to Graybull and 14 to Cody.
Great motel on the west side of Cody called The Cowboy Village.
Nice new side by side cabins with a resturant next door.

·
Registered
709 Posts
second 16 or 16a...sweet ride. Seeing you're so close when you're in Cody you need to do Chief Joesph/Beartooth...you'll regret not doing it.

From Rapid City you do Mt Rushmore, Custer State Park, Needles hwy, Pig Tails road...(all in the same area).

Take hwy 16 over Moorcroft. Jump on I 90 for a short bit the hit the big horns....

·
Registered
1,482 Posts
Yellowstone National Park

US 14 from Ranchester to Cody is a nice 134 mile ride. You cross the Bighorn National Forest and go through Greybull, it is a very scenic ride.

From Cody take 120 then 72 to Belfry, MT. Then take 308 west to Red Lodge, MT. Take route 212 across the Bear Tooth Pass through Cooke City into the east gate of Yellowstone.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts