GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yesterday on the way home from work at 4:30, my Wing showed 80 degrees and it was sunny. 12 hours later standing on my deck it was 20 degrees and snowing. Makes me want to find a TV weather guy and punch him in the nose. I know it's not their fault, but they don't have to be so d**n gleeful about it.

·
Registered
63 Posts
weather

I understand, here in Kansas we are to get it today. Thats why i went riding last nite for a while was very windy but at least it was not too cold.

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
Northern MN is in line for some of it. Been getting "fronted" here the last few days as it approaches. Low 70's and very windy. Highs in the 30's in a couple days.
Haven't been on the Wing for almost a month due to a spurt of work and/or lots of wet weather. What's coming may finish off the season. Lots of yard and other prep work before the "real" winter arrives (early).

Reactions: GLblinded

·
Premium Member
761 Posts
In Loveland it is the same weather as Denver. You can't say you were not warned. Tonight and tomorrow are supposed to be colder. Maybe Saturday it will be warm enough to ride again but watch the slippery stuff that is put down on the roads.
On a different note I got some great service from Sun Honda on Tuesday.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
In Loveland it is the same weather as Denver. You can't say you were not warned. Tonight and tomorrow are supposed to be colder. Maybe Saturday it will be warm enough to ride again but watch the slippery stuff that is put down on the roads.
On a different note I got some great service from Sun Honda on Tuesday.
Agree, I was forewarned. Doesn't mean I have to like it though. :smile2:

·
Registered
1,025 Posts
We have had over 4 feet of rain this year. My back 40 is like a lake. I can't imagine what winter will be like if this keeps up.

Rain, Rain go away, come again some other day.
But please Rain before you go, don't come back as snow.

·
Vendor
17,821 Posts
Yesterday on the way home from work at 4:30, my Wing showed 80 degrees and it was sunny. 12 hours later standing on my deck it was 20 degrees and snowing. Makes me want to find a TV weather guy and punch him in the nose. I know it's not their fault, but they don't have to be so d**n gleeful about it.
By buddy and I were heading from Seattle to San Francisco one time in his '67 442 ragtop, 4-speed, tri-power. In a 1 hour period, we passed over Grants Pass where it was snowing and 32 deg, and dropped into the Sacramento Valley where it was scorching 105 deg. A 73 deg temp change in 1 hour.

·
Registered
8,058 Posts
By buddy and I were heading from Seattle to San Francisco one time in his '67 442 ragtop, 4-speed, tri-power. In a 1 hour period, we passed over Grants Pass where it was snowing and 32 deg, and dropped into the Sacramento Valley where it was scorching 105 deg. A 73 deg temp change in 1 hour.
What did you say Greg. Sorry I was distracted by the picture. :grin2:

Reactions: GoldWingrGreg
1 - 13 of 13 Posts