GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm thinking about purchasing the Front Peg Relocation kit from Rattlebar.

See: http://www.rattlebars.com/Merchant2/mer ... ry_Code=GW

I have a couple of questions for people who have them.

Do they relieve pain / cramps in the knee.
Easy Install?
Any problems with product.
Can you add aftermarket pegs to them, such as Kury or Big Bike Mini Wings??

Thanks for the comments.

Zeebo

·
Registered
4,614 Posts
Re: Rattlebar Peg relocation kit -any good? problems? comme

Yes to all. The only problem is that you probably will find that to remove the covers to get to the dipstick or the coolant, you will have to remove them. I never have found that to be much of a problem.

Check the link in my signature for more ideas on how to get comfortable.

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Re: Rattlebar Peg relocation kit -any good? problems? comme

ddking said:
Yes to all. The only problem is that you probably will find that to remove the covers to get to the dipstick or the coolant, you will have to remove them. I never have found that to be much of a problem.

Check the link in my signature for more ideas on how to get comfortable.
Dan...

Thanks for the reply. I actually got the idea from your detailed and brilliant link. I'm 6'3, 215 and find that my left knee feels pinched. I also plan to take your suggetion re: Mick O Pegs. The distributor is only 3 hours from residence in Ontario...So I will stop by and see him in late Spring.

Regards

Zeebo

·
Registered
4,614 Posts
:lol: Not much help then when yer just trying to confirm information. Someone else will respond.

The other thing besides MOPs was getting my seating position farther back. That took some of the bend out of my knee as well.

·
Registered
16,865 Posts
Dan is THE Man on this topic. I installed the peg relocate kits and it placed the pegs about 3/4 to 1 inch forward. Not a lot, and my feet are still rearward of my knees by a good bit. I trimmed my side cover on the right side to clear the relocster mount, but it would take a major cut-out to do that to the left side since I am also using a heel-toe shifter. Getting the seating position a inch and a half to two inches back helps more and would be the second thing to do. Mick-O-Pegs is the first thing to do to get leg relief. Mick-O-Pegs, custom seat (or modification), peg reolocate kits, and handle bar risers -- the aftermarket guys should send Dan regular royality checks! :lol:

PigeonRoost Slim

·
Registered
758 Posts
Rattlebar relocation kik-any good? problems? comments

I have had them on my 2002 for three seasons now and love them. This past spring I went one step further and adapted the 1500 foot peg arms with a spacer and the Kuryakyn Dually ISO pegs. The Rattlebars moved my feet forward 1" and the 1500 foot peg mounting arms with the ISO pegs moved the foot pegs down 3/4" - 1". Now it is real comfortable and no more legg cramps or difficulty with the shifter to toe clearance, not that it was a real issue with just the rattlebars.

Real nice.
Farmer Jack

1 - 6 of 6 Posts