GL1800Riders Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Gentlemen (and Ladies)

This may have already been covered in past posts, but I am a relative newbie Winger, and I haven't seen any.

I would welcome comments from users of the Rattlebars kick shifter and their Relo peg relocator for the 1800. I have read Dan Duffys reviews on the GWRRA Board and he seems to like them.

Dan also speaks highly of the ****-O-Peg highway peg.

I would like to hear from other experienced users of these products. I am not interested in experimenting when lots of you Wingers have already gone before.

Thanks

·
Registered
82 Posts
I have the Rattlebars peg relocation kit and the kick shifter. I am very happy with both items. The only drawback is that you have to remove the kickshift in order to remove the left side chrome cover.

I cannot comment on the ****-o-pegs as I have the Kury 4056 pegs which I am also happy with now that I have them adjusted properly.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
fasteb said:
I traced the outline of the shifter bracket and cut the engine cover. Now I can remove it and do not have to remove the shifter.

Eddie
GOOD GOD MAN! You cut your side cover? That borders on blasphemy! Cutting that cover sends chills down my spine!

Do you have a photo of how it came out? If so would you please send it to me at:

[email protected]

Thanks

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
landlord said:
I have the Rattlebars peg relocation kit and the kick shifter. I am very happy with both items. The only drawback is that you have to remove the kickshift in order to remove the left side chrome cover.

I cannot comment on the ****-o-pegs as I have the Kury 4056 pegs which I am also happy with now that I have them adjusted properly.
Hi Jeff:

Thanks for your response. I am wondering if you or Eddie, (or others) also got the optional Kury rear peg for the shifter? ($10) Looks worthwhile.

·
Registered
296 Posts
Peg Relo Kit and Kickshifter

I have had this setup in place for at least six months, and am totally satisfied with it. One can still shift 'conventionally' if desired, or use heel/toe shifting. I am 6'2", with a 32" inseam, so I like the relocation of the pegs. I have never regretted the installation of these items. True, I cannot remove the left side cover without removing the shifter, but that has not presented a problem to me.

I do not have the ****-O-Pegs (don't like to looks of them). But I respect the rights of others to use them, if they desire. I just can't comment on them. I have sat on a bike with them, and found a potential problem, at least with the footwear that I use, wherein my foot might get caught on the footrest when trying to move my foot off of it. On a bike, I don't want any hinderances to my movement, and being able to react quickly to a potentially bad situation.

Hope this helps....

RM

·
Registered
4,613 Posts
RetAF,

While you still would most likely dislike their looks, did you try the peg with the inside position for the foot or the outside position?

Fasteb,

Any chance you could post a picture on the board?

sivanepps,

Ask the **** O Peg question by itself, and you will get a better response.

·
Thirsty Member
2,579 Posts
John, have you ever given any thoughts to the RIVCO Boards with heel / toe shifter??

I've had mine for a year now and can't stand riding a bike without them.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
hedoman said:
John, have you ever given any thoughts to the RIVCO Boards with heel / toe shifter??

I've had mine for a year now and can't stand riding a bike without them.
Hi Steve:

Yes I have seen them. However, at over 400 bones, I lost interest. They are beautiful..no doubt..but guess I am not ready to drop that kinda money to "heal/toe it" quite yet.

Thanks for the pic and your reply.

·
Registered
567 Posts
Rattlebar-****-O's

I have the shifter and ****-o's (no relo). I had to make a minor compromise in the level of the upshifter peg (in the rear) but have gotten used to it. The rear of my heel rests very close to the upshift peg, and I raise my heel slightly to upshift. I didn't like the ****-o's on the inside so I mounted them outside and installed the mounting bracket so the pegs (in the UP position) would be parallel to the ground at maximum lean angle. I am very happy with both products. I hope the MBL risers which I have not installed yet will be the final piece of the puzzle. Hope this helps. Karl

·
Registered
3,894 Posts
Hedoman, now you are making me THINK. Dropped $150 for rattlebars, $80 for Kuraykyn ISO, I would be Half way there already. Food for next birthday. Had about 20 birthdays since I bought the bike 8 months ago.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Love my Rattlebars! I do like the Rivco boards and wanted them, but I finnally figured that with my 29" inseam, I would have to spread my legs too wide to hold up bike when stopped. With the Rattlebars, I have the area behind my Kury pegs to put my feet down. And, I get to keep my chrome kickstand! :D

1 - 15 of 15 Posts