GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone tried their new kickshifter for the GL1800. It is like the one used on the Valk. It looks pretty good. The front uses the oem peg so you don't have to lift your front foot off the footpeg to downshift (a problem with the Kuryakyn). The rear is adjustable up and down and you can install any length peg you want. If I pull the trigger, I'll give a thorough review here.
Chopper

·
Legend in His Own Mind
4,671 Posts
To me it's one of the most ergonomic H/T out there. No missed or incomplete shifts. It also works great with standard pegs so you don't have to run boards, yuk!!

·
Premium Member
12,497 Posts
chopper246 said:
The rear is adjustable up and down and you can install any length peg you want.
Look forward to your comments about it.

I took the rear peg off the Kuryakyn and replaced it with a short stub
... better, but still room for improvment.

Dennis

·
Registered
16,907 Posts
It works very well. Not sure its new though, seems like mine is over a year old now, maybe two. I have notiiced some comment from at least one of our mechanic savy contributers that iplied kick shifter use may be some factor in bent shift forks. Not at all sure of that.

prs

I

·
0 Posts
Pigeon Roost said:
It works very well. Not sure its new though, seems like mine is over a year old now, maybe two. I have notiiced some comment from at least one of our mechanic savy contributers that iplied kick shifter use may be some factor in bent shift forks. Not at all sure of that.

prs
I have been using the Rattlebars H/T shifter for over 2 years. Works great. The "bent or worn shifter fork" notion is nonsense.

Ride safe.

·
Registered
5,541 Posts
Love Mine :!:

Really helped out in those low speed shift into 2nd while making a left turn situations, (I don't drag my big toe anymore... :wink: ).

Shifts are smooth and easy.

Looks great too :!:

·
Registered
368 Posts
This looks like a great idea! I looked at a few websites and didn't see anything like this listed for sale. Where did you purchase yours?

·
Registered
368 Posts
Ahh, answered my own question. Didn't notice the name of Rattlebars in the subject column. I googled the name and found them.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts