GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondered if anyone has installed the pegs on their Wing and if it makes a difference? Also will they work with a size 13 boot?

Buck Yellow Wing :lol: 8) :lol: :yw1: [/url][/list][/list][/code][/quote][/u][/i]

·
Registered
20 Posts
RATTLEBARS PEG RELO KIT GL ANYONE INSTALL YET? HOW ARE THEY

I've had mine since they were released to the market and love 'em. They make shifting a breeze and ease the stress on my knees. Wouldn't ride without them. I have a size 11.5 shoe so I don't know how they'd be with 13's but I'd guess they'd be fine.

·
Registered
136 Posts
I bought the peg relocate kit last August used them about 1 month and removed them. They cramped my foot for shifting. Yes, I wear a size 13. Also, I didn't like the way the rear brake felt. You could readjust the rear brake pedal but I wanted to ride with them to see if I could get used to the shifter. They probably would work better with their kick shifter installed just extra money I didn't want to spend.
Randy F
Concord, NC
'02 Silver ABS

·
Registered
58 Posts
I have had chet's stuff since 1998 for a Valk. Well thought out and done. Honorable man. I have the relo on the gl and like it very much.

·
Registered
156 Posts
I use the relo kit and the kickshifter and really think they help. I am 6-5 with a size 12.5 boot. The kits should be removed for some routine maintenance work (access to the coolant) but it is no hassle.

·
Registered
13 Posts
peg relo

I tried them too - but removed and sold them. IMHO they are really only good if you're going to get the kickshifter also. By themselves the difference was too little for the accompanying inconvenience. I wear size 10's and had a hard time shifting. I even took the peg rubber off for extra clearance. Would agree - Chet's a good guy and this is not meant as a slam to him or his products.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts